• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New dosage for Remicade

Hi everyone!
So I was on 5 mg/kg of Remicade (every 8 weeks) but noticed that once the 6th week began, I began getting symptoms again (bathroom, very fatigue, fevers). So my doctor now changed it to 7.5 mg/kg, which I got last Friday. I wanted to know if there was anyone here who got their remicade dose increased and it actually ended up working better/lasting longer for them. Thanks for the help!

I increased my Remi to 10mg/kg at dose 4 and noticed it helped. It's nice because it's the same infusion time but it was only when I increased my dose that I felt Remi start working.

I have been on Remicade for years and started at 5mg/kg. I stayed at 5mg/kg every 6 weeks for years but started having flair so the dose was increased to 10mg/kg. I felt great! I also have joint issues associated with Crohn's. Unfortunately I started getting infections so I couldn't stay at that dose and went to 7.5 mg/kg. I have been at this dose for at least 2 years and it is working well for me. Most symptoms are minimal and I am no longer getting infections.

@laura98: Glad to hear the dosage can be upped where you live. The maximum allowed dose where I live is 5mg/kg bodyweight every 4 weeks, I was on that dose for several months without effectiveness, it was not the right drug for me.
Fingers crossed you get back into remission with Remicade.

I have been on Remicade for years and started at 5mg/kg. I stayed at 5mg/kg every 6 weeks for years but started having flair so the dose was increased to 10mg/kg. I felt great! I also have joint issues associated with Crohn's. Unfortunately I started getting infections so I couldn't stay at that dose and went to 7.5 mg/kg. I have been at this dose for at least 2 years and it is working well for me. Most symptoms are minimal and I am no longer getting infections.
That's good that you don't get infections anymore! How often do you get the 7.5 mg/kg?

@laura98: Glad to hear the dosage can be upped where you live. The maximum allowed dose where I live is 5mg/kg bodyweight every 4 weeks, I was on that dose for several months without effectiveness, it was not the right drug for me.
Fingers crossed you get back into remission with Remicade.
Oh, I'm sorry it didn't work for you :(
And thank you! Best of luck to you as well!