• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How do you handle the high temps?

I'm in full flair and treating the symptoms until insurance decides I'm worthy of new med.
every night I could set my watch by my nice 102+ temps. I am on antibiotics and I take Tylenol every night before bed, and again as soon as I'm up. Anyone got any other suggestions? Just venting and feeling low
Whoops!

I didn't realise this was a Crohns thing, I was thinking it was my medication causing unpleasant hot flush type sensations when I wake up and sometimes during the night. I've no idea how to deal with them, I'm afraid - but luckily my red hot temperatures don't seem to last too long, only a few minutes at a time.

I didn't realise this was a Crohns thing, I was thinking it was my medication causing unpleasant hot flush type sensations when I wake up and sometimes during the night. I've no idea how to deal with them, I'm afraid - but luckily my red hot temperatures don't seem to last too long, only a few minutes at a time.
Have you called your doctor?

Have you called your doctor?
No, I never thought to mention it when I was at the IBD clinic the other day, but on the basis of the symptoms I did tell the nurse about (diarrhoea etc) she's ordered blood tests and faecal calprotectin tests. So when I pluck up the courage to get the blood test done I'll find out more. I gather from this thread that high temperatures can indicate a worrying amount of inflammation?