• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How to taper off Entocort

I'm doing 8 weeks of Entocort (9 mg/day) for microscopic colitis, and doc said to taper off, but he was not specific about how to taper. I've been all over the web looking for specifics, but can't find info. Does anyone have any experience with the taper? Some Crohn's sites suggest tapering to six mg for two weeks, then discontinue. That seems a little abrupt to me, so I'm looking for some first-hand input.

I'm doing great on the Entocort; had a few side effects for the first few days but, otherwise, so far so good. I hate to think about a return of symptoms at the end of this course. :-(

I wish it were that simple! (Long story, but calling this office isn't usually an effective strategy.) I won't see the doc until week eight, so I was hoping to get some info before then so I could plan my refills. Thanks for your suggestion!

I'm tapering at the moment from 9mg. I go to 6mg for a month, and then 3mg for the final month.
Me too, exactly the same. I've been on 9 mg for three months, now I'm on day three of my month at 6 mg. Bit worried as I've had permanent mild gut ache since starting the taper, hope it's not significant.