• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rash

I have very painful rash from the constant D i have had. It seems like theD i hve dealt with lately has burned....very aciditic. My tush is now really sore, to the point where it hurts to walk. I have vaseline and have layered it between my cheeks. But i am wondering with peri rectal fistulas and a drain in there, can i use something such as a diaper cream? or is there a better solution. I have been soaking in epsom salts, which sting but also make it feel better after .

What else can be done???? We are going away this weekend and i have a 5hr truck ride.....seriously at this point sitting isnt a real option.

I need some home solutions!!!! I will go and get some diaper cream if i need to. I know a parent who swears by Balmex for her kids, only i cant get that here......she got it in the US.

This is crazy!!! i just want some relief!!!

Ideas please!!!!!!!

I've seen some posts about calmoseptine oint. I just got my sister who works at shoppers to order me some and I go pick it up tomorrow. I can't wait to try it. I've also found gauze to be expensive so I have a tip! I've been buying Joe organic cotton pads normally used for face toner to use as guaze. Loblaws sells them. They are compressed and the cotton does not stick to the wound. I'm not sure if it will sting but maybe you could try some xylocaine jelly (topical anesthetic) from the pharmacy. no script needed.

I have heard of that Calmoseptine ointment too. Let me know if you like it!!! I will hve to see if i can find it somewhere or on line maybe.......if it works.

caue this is crazy. I have a whole new sympathy for babies!!!!

I buy guaze pads from WM. I find the Equate brand are the soft, better then other brands i have tried. And they are a few dollars a box......i need to stock up again! Good tiip about the Joe pads. I will ahve to look around for them. We dont live anywhere near Loblaws, but maybe Zehrs has them? or when i am in the city this weekend i can look too.

Can i use even regular diaper cream when i have fistulas and a seton??? i am always so scaredi am going to hurt them or something.

Calmoseptine is the best thing ever! You can pick it up at Walgreens but you have to ask the pharmacist. They don't put it on the shelves.

I have heard of that Calmoseptine ointment too. Let me know if you like it!!! I will hve to see if i can find it somewhere or on line maybe.......if it works.

caue this is crazy. I have a whole new sympathy for babies!!!!

I buy guaze pads from WM. I find the Equate brand are the soft, better then other brands i have tried. And they are a few dollars a box......i need to stock up again! Good tiip about the Joe pads. I will ahve to look around for them. We dont live anywhere near Loblaws, but maybe Zehrs has them? or when i am in the city this weekend i can look too.

Can i use even regular diaper cream when i have fistulas and a seton??? i am always so scaredi am going to hurt them or something.

How is your rash? Did you try the diaper cream? I just picked up my calmoseptine last night. The ingredients are a lot like diaper cream and it says for diaper rash as well so I don't see why you can't use regular diaper cream and just avoid the wound. The calmoseptine is great tho and I do recommend trying to find it. If you have a hard time I can get my sister to order you one and ship it to you, I don't mind at all. It has calamine in it to help with itch and menthol which is quite tingly but nice.

I tried diaper cream myself since I feel your pain (right now as we speak I REALLY feel your pain) my friend who has had a rash as well, said she uses diaper cream but also baby wipes to clean first. Make sure you get the whole area.
Hospitals use it for patients that are bed ridden.

good luck and hope everything works out okay