• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My stoma's first words!!

my stoma's first words!!

so reading through a lot of threads, when i get my stoma i was expecting noises now and again, however always having to be different hadn't heard so much as a squeek from it really until today.
(Izzy is now 7 months old btw)

i'm sitting in surgery with a patient waiting for their anesthetic to take effect when i feel izzy 'stand up' like she does sometimes lol then all of a sudden in the highest pitch voice she squealed 'ohhhhh nooooooooo'.
it was a mixture of embarrassment and shock lol could not believe it.
my collegue looked at me in a strange way and was like, 'what was that???' i said, 'nothing' but she knew that i was trying to say, 'i'll tell you later'.

shes the only person in my workplace that knows so when the patient had left i told her and we had a good giggle about it!

was so strange just thought i would share it :):) haha.
hope you're all keeping well!
hannah.x

Nyx

You're so lucky! My Oscar has been a loud mouth since the day he was born. Nothing will shut the bugger up...lol

Terriernut

:ylol: You have been very lucky indeed to have such a nice polite 'lady' of a stoma! Stan is always grumping about something.

What do you think she was upset about??

hmmmm....a warning to the patient perhaps who was about to undergo root canal treatment.
....or maybe shes not fond of blueberry smoothies that i had about 2 hours before haha!

she's been quiet as a mouse ever since :)

Terriernut

Sideshow Bob talks back every time my husband says something.....usually fart noises. Very appropriate. ;)
:rof: Very appropriate indeed! Isnt it great they have such personalities! Stan usually 'gives it large' during meetings. I HATE meetings. He responds appropriately...every frickin time! I have to keep my hand over him every time to squash his noise. The little shit!

Yes, I agree! You are very lucky. Mine seems to get very noisy when I eat dinner. My dad gets really annoyed but I just shrug. There's nothing I can do about it after all!

Mine has been similar, not a squeak until the last few weeks , and now especially in the morning it makes a lot of what can only be described as growling noises with a bit of squelching and gurgling lol

I was so confused the first time Berry spoke to me a day or two after he was born. I remember just staring at my belly which was covered by blankets. I knew that there would still be gas, but i wasn't really expecting a sound.
Berry is pretty quite these days, but it still confuses my dogs when it speaks up, I've gotten used to it.

Mine talks so much it wants an IPhone....
I refuse until he turns at least 13. So only a couple more years. They grow up so fast.

One of my cats will talk back to it. If she's sitting on my lap and Jeb starts trash talking she just meows right back at it. Sometimes she'll even smack her paw at it. Thankfully she's declawed.

Terriernut

Mine talks so much it wants an IPhone....
I refuse until he turns at least 13. So only a couple more years. They grow up so fast.

One of my cats will talk back to it. If she's sitting on my lap and Jeb starts trash talking she just meows right back at it. Sometimes she'll even smack her paw at it. Thankfully she's declawed.
:rof:

Mine is very vocal! Usually when I am sat watching tv with the family.
It tickles a lot so i laugh. The boys think its hilarious and keep asking me to do it again!
Or just as i am falling asleep he will let out a big sigh! Its quite funny.