• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

One-Minute Muffins - SCD, coconut flour

This is the very basic version. You can add fruit and spices and extracts or remove the honey and make a savory version with cheese or spices. If you're wanting something RIGHT NOW this is your muffin. :) The texture is somewhat like sponge cake.

One Minute Muffin

1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour

1 teaspoon honey

1 teaspoon softened butter, or coconut oil

1 egg

Mix all ingredient together in a coffee cup. Let sit for a minute or so for coconut flour to absorb some of the liquid. Cook for 1 minute in microwave.

this sounds great...you can cook this all in the microwave? could I also bake it if I wanted to?
I'm sure you could bake it I just don't now how. The egg is the only thing that has to be cooked so it shouldn't take long.

Yep, nuke it for 1 minute. The texture will be kind of like a sponge cake. I'll split it and toast if after if I'm wanting something crunchier.

It also doesn't taste eggy. I love eggs but despise eggy taste.

Thanks! Part of what is so hard about SCD is that preparing all my foods is so time-consuming!
I know!! I've been using this recipe a lot this week as I'm taking a break from a lot of cooking. I prefer coconut flour buns oven baked, but that one-minute part makes up for a lot. :lol:

Thanks for clarifying about the brown rice syrup. I'm new here and didn't realize it was not ok for people on the SCD diet.
I have fructose malabsorption so honey is a big no for me.

I just made one with a dash of cinnamon, and it was so good! My only thing was that it was a little too eggy for me (and I normally like the egg taste), so I might try it with just egg white next time. Thank you!!

Glad you liked it. I'm normally pretty grossed out by eggy taste so I'm surprised these don't taste eggy to me. Let me know how it is with the egg whites though as I might like it better.