• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Messed up Dreams!

After receiving my 3 rd infusion last week I've begun to develop nightly crazy dreams. I mean whacked! Once I thought I was hallucinating. Anyone else?
Gastro said she's encountered this w others and generally it passes...
Good news is, fistula is finally healing. Always a trade off w meds. Other side effect is wicked low back pain. Hopefully that subsides as well. Thanks for your reply😜

DJW

Forum Monitor
I'm so glad the fistula is healing. I think fistulas are one of the most dehumanizing complications of this disease.

I concur. This one troubled me for about 10 months. Completely messes w quality of life. Certainly my love life. I'm so grateful for an extremely patient husband. Thanks

The Monday after my first infusion I had a terrifying dream about a white rat/mouse trying to bite me. Then I couldn't scream in my dream, kept trying, and ended up screaming out loud. Scared my family half to death!! Never had a dream like that before.

Couldn't agree more. Fistulas for a decade in my case, I pretty much became asexual because of it. After my ileostomy I was taken aback by how much room I now have in my head for the normal everyday stuff. Never had any crazy dreams though. Fistulas obviously almost completely healed now. Wow what a difference. I cant say what the worst part about Crohn's is but fistulas are definitely a front runner. Glad to hear you are seeing improvement.
Maybe you are actually able to have more vivid dreams because you are less symptomatic.

The Monday after my first infusion I had a terrifying dream about a white rat/mouse trying to bite me. Then I couldn't scream in my dream, kept trying, and ended up screaming out loud. Scared my family half to death!! Never had a dream like that before.
Me too! I screamed , woke up hubby and myself w this most recent round of Remicade.

I've had two more infusions and each time the weekend after I have extremely vivid dreams. Two times they were about rats and mice...YIKES!

You might get THAT analyzed!, rats and mice. Pretty disturbing!
My dreams were tame after recent treatment by comparison, but fistula back, missing work and highly frustrated.
Due for next Remicade in two weeks but really just want to get off. Just toxic
Been researching CBD/ THC oils. In Florida tho...

Started back up on remicade on friday. I felt like the first night I had some weird dreams, but man, last night I straight up had some of the most vivid, disturbing, nightmares I think I have ever had. I woke myself up, heart pounding, a bit sweaty, and super anxious about going back to sleep. Im already apprehensive about sleeping tonight.

Started back up on remicade on friday. I felt like the first night I had some weird dreams, but man, last night I straight up had some of the most vivid, disturbing, nightmares I think I have ever had. I woke myself up, heart pounding, a bit sweaty, and super anxious about going back to sleep. Im already apprehensive about sleeping tonight.
Good news is, it's short term. At least for me it is. And last time was t nearly as whacked as prior so perhaps a tolerance occurs. Try turning off electronics awhile b4 u sleep too. yoga or meditation helps I find also. Good luck dear