• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Problems taking meds

I am new to the forum and seeking help with my son having problems taking his meds all of a sudden. He currently is having an issue taking his delizcol pills but none of the others.. he is telling us it is a mental block and that he is frustrated having this disease. I also believe it is frustrating for him due to the fact that his twin brother also has Crohn's disease and is doing just fine on his medication (same as brother). I would love any help or suggestions for breaking the wall down to help him heal!

my little penguin

Staff member
There is a section for parents of kids with Ibd - you will get more parent answers since most of us hang out there .
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

5-asa are generally not enough to keep crohn's in remission when used as a monotherapy.
Is your child on any other maintence meds ?
Has he seen a psychologist to help him deal with this ?
Most kids talk to someone who has experience with kids with medical issues ..
Your ped gi or children's hospital should be able to refer you .

The oralflo cup puts the pill in the cup so swallowing is not an issue.

DS was on asacol ( prior name same stuff ) for a while in addition to his other meds ( remicade , humira Mtx etc..)

Is he feeling ok ?

5-asa are generally not enough to keep crohn's in remission when used as a monotherapy.
Well that's no good. My Doc has put me on Salofalk and budenofalk with a specialized diet. I have had a few flare ups and I was only diagnosed about 6 weeks ago. I assumed it was simple something I had eaten which cause the discomfort.

Perhaps I should contact him and suggest another medication.