• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ostomy bag Liners

Nyx

I just got my bag liners in the mail today (omg, snail mail sucks btw). So far, I'm loving them!! Very easy to use, and definitely cut down on smell and ease of cleaning! I just put the liner inside my bag (the top of the liner sticks out of the top of the bag and then you click the bag on (not sure I'm describing this right). When it's full, you just pull it out and flush it. No more cleaning!! No more fuss, no more muss. Best thing I've tried so far.

If anyone's interested, colo-majic makes them...

http://www.colostomymajic.com/

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
are these ok to use? are they easy? or are you still trying to get used to them. need loadsa info!!!

Nyx

I've been using them for a day now and they're fantastic. They're easy to put into the bag, and definitely easy to use and discard. Much better than cleaning out my bag all the time!!! And it cuts down on the smell too....

Just remember to poke holes in the side to let the gas out...I forgot last night and boy do they fill up fast if you don't! lol I got smart and pre-poked the rest of the bags so I don't have to worry about it.

I'm definitely going to order more and never wash another bag again. I'll let everyone know how they are when I'm camping this week too.

Well worth the money! I'm very pleased :)

Nyx...This is unbelievable! Okay, I don't have a stoma...had one for a while...but the worst thing for me was emptying and getting it all connected again. Tell me...You just attach the bag--and put a liner in it. And what, you pull the "filled" liner out and flush! OMG! This is great if I have it right. Been diagnosed with Crohns for almost a year. But, the crohns is in my J Pouch. Which they are trying to save...but if not I'm back to the stoma. So, this is good news for you stoma-ers. Very happy to hear. S

Silvermoon

This sounds awesome! Do you know, are they safe for septic tanks? Even so, I will definitely have to check this out once I get my surgery done... may bathroom is small enough, don't have room to hang a bunch of bags out to dry... lol.

Last edited:

Nyx

@Sue...you got it right...and yes, they are fantastic!

@Silvermoon...I don't know if they're safe for septic tanks or not. But even just discarding them in the garbage would be better than the never ending cleaning, and the bags drying on the towel rack...lol