• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My stool looked weird..... Graphic explanation.

My stool came out very weird to day. Have not seen anything like it. Recently my stools have been a little constipated, but I still go about 1-2 times per day. Anyway, they usually come out in one piece, but half of the stool comes out like compacted tiny balls, and the other half is smooth. Weird.
Anyway, last night I had a lot of spinach, so just now my stool came out green, but it had regular brown little constipated stool balls all over. So it was basically mixed and it kind of freaked me out. What is the story with that?
Anyone have any ideas? I have not seen blood in a while but I do see occasional mucus. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

PS - I try to eat plenty of fiber so I don't know why my stools come out half constipated. Let alone, mixed colors.

I'm taking Apriso. Those little balls come out too for me though. Doc said its normal. It was stool, hard pellets, but the pellets were brown within the green stool.

I get bad contipation too but have never had what you have discribe. Normally have urgency to go but cant then finally do and it hurts like all hell and I generally then have some blood afterwards but Im assuming thats from all the straining that has just taken place!
Hope it was just a once off thing and your stools go back to what they normally are like. I too eat heaps of fibre to help with the constipation but still seems to get it.

Hey there I only have 3 types of poop. 1) D 2)little bouncy ball sized poops 3) smooth and very very slim poops. I do on occasion have green as well. I also do have what tan said there. But I don't know what causes it but my doc says all is well in good with my poop situation so I'm not worrying too much. Just ask your doc I'd say, doesn't hurt to ask.