• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Experiences with temporary ostomy reversal

S

Skinsfan1229

So I noticed you had a temperary illiostomy? and you've already had it reversed?

I have an illiostomy, have had it now for 2 years this november. Dont plan on reversing still anytime soon since I porforated right near my stoma in may and my surgeon did a little scope just in my rectum when I was under for rectal abcess and said my rectum was so inflamed the inner walls were touching each other. I dont know if I want to reverse even if the opurtunity comes up, and I'm not showing signs of inflammation even. Mainly because I dont want to risk getting sick once reversing, I'm flaring less severe and less frequently now so why risk it right?

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi

im not sure if this is for me but i had a temp ileo formed in april 2003 and i had my rectrum removed april 10th his yearso it is now permanent, i couldnt have mine reversed because of the risk of repeated illness

feel free 2 mail me if you have any ?s (hugs)

K

Kossy

Hey SkinFan, I had a temp ostomy for a year then I had it reversed. About a year in a half to two years later I had my reversal reversed again. So now I have a perminate ileo... If you have any questions let me know. I was pretty much in the same boat. It took a while for my rectum to heal up before they could "hook my plumming" back up. So I've been there so if you have any questions let me know.

S

Skinsfan1229

So How many people on this board actually have an ostomy?

K

Kossy

Skinsfan1229 said:
So How many people on this board actually have an ostomy?
There are 834,456 of us on this board. That number might be inflated at bit. I can think of about 5 of us that I know forsure have an ostomy of some form or another.

V

Valentina

not me.. there are quite a few though.
maybe that would be a good poll question? or a poll on surgery: had any... what type etc.. knowing me this has been done at least twice, and Ive answered on both of them, lol

S

Skinsfan1229

Sorry I'm not quite sure how to post yet, still getting to know the forum! I'll get it done one of these days, keeping up with the posts and such is taking up some time, plus not feeling to well.