• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm not sure if it's Crohn's related, but Crohn's is the only condition I have that I'm aware of. I've seen 3 doctors about this, but none of them know what the issue is. (I don't believe I have RA despite my username).

On my fingers (most not all), at the joints (esp. on my thumb) there is a very aesthetically unpleasing looking lump of skin. I'm told it's not a wart, but it looks like a big fat wart in size. It's very dry, and it's the skin itself, not something under it - no fluids. Just a hard lump of skin.

I've tried things from Cortizone to hand lotion in an attempt to make it at least partially go away, but there has been zero change.

Unfortunately, my insurance's dermatology cannot see me for a biopsy for like 3 months...

I really hate how my thumb looks. The other fingers aren't very noticeable.

Anyone know what this is?

edit: No pain or loss of function in fingers, either.

A good dermatologist should be able to figure it out. Biopsies would help make the diagnosis. There are so many things that can effect the skin that it is impossible to guess what it could be. Have you tried putting anything on it?

QUOTE=Rheumandroid;605298]I'm not sure if it's Crohn's related, but Crohn's is the only condition I have that I'm aware of. I've seen 3 doctors about this, but none of them know what the issue is. (I don't believe I have RA despite my username).

On my fingers (most not all), at the joints (esp. on my thumb) there is a very aesthetically unpleasing looking lump of skin. I'm told it's not a wart, but it looks like a big fat wart in size. It's very dry, and it's the skin itself, not something under it - no fluids. Just a hard lump of skin.

I've tried things from Cortizone to hand lotion in an attempt to make it at least partially go away, but there has been zero change.

Unfortunately, my insurance's dermatology cannot see me for a biopsy for like 3 months...

I really hate how my thumb looks. The other fingers aren't very noticeable.

Anyone know what this is?

edit: No pain or loss of function in fingers, either.[/QUOTE]

3 derms admitted they haven't got the slightest idea why my joints seem swollen with these lumps.

I haven't tried putting anything on it other than the Cortizone and hand lotion mentioned in my original post.

Any suggestions?

I guess I have to wait for the biopsy - but I really dislike it when 3 doctors say they have no clue. Makes me feel like they aren't well practiced, but their age would lead one to think differently.

Hmm, that is interesting. I mean you would think out of the three dermy docs one of them would have known something. I guess maybe the biopsy would be about the only way to go from here. I mean here is the thing, is it hurting or growing bigger at all? If it is not, I would try not to worry about it. I mean if it is really bothering you, maybe they can remove it. Did they say for sure it is not a wart? I mean I would not want to put that stuff on there just in case it is Not a wart as those can be very irritating if they are put on healthy skin. I guess I would just use the cortisone if it is helping. If not, I would probably just leave it alone until you can get it taken care of..

3 derms admitted they haven't got the slightest idea why my joints seem swollen with these lumps.

I haven't tried putting anything on it other than the Cortizone and hand lotion mentioned in my original post.

Any suggestions?

I guess I have to wait for the biopsy - but I really dislike it when 3 doctors say they have no clue. Makes me feel like they aren't well practiced, but their age would lead one to think differently.

I have bumps on all the joints on my fingers and have had these for a few years now,I have Crohn's disease and was told its a form of osteoarthritus,I also have crohns related Seron Negative Polyarthralgia,all crohns related,my bumps on my fingers did not hurt at all at first but over the last couple of years they have become quite painful,
This awful disease brings with it so many manifestations I am surprised we don't get horns growing out of our heads !!!!!!!