• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Research invitation

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Received this e-mail and was asked to post this for your consideration.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My name is Sumaira Malik and I am a researcher in the Institute of Work Health and Organisations (I-WHO) at the University of Nottingham. We are currently undertaking a project funded by the National Association for Colitis and Crohn’s Disease (NACC) to investigate the role of online support communities for individuals living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.

We would therefore like to invite individuals who are living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease to take part in an online survey about their experiences of accessing online support communities (e.g. discussion forms, chats rooms etc). It is anticipated that the survey will take between 20-25 minutes to complete.

If you are interested in taking part in the research or would like to find out more about the project, please click the link below to access the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8FX6CBK

This study has received ethical approval from the departmental Research Ethics Committee at the Institute of Work, Health & Organisations in the University of Nottingham.

If you have any further questions about the project please do not hesitate to email me at -sumaira.malik@nottingham.ac.uk.

Thank you for your interest in this project.

Best Wishes,

Sumaira Malik

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Ok I just did this and I did it offline and there are no personal information given and I found it interesting and you will be surprised what you think everyday about your Crohn's/Colitis/IBD. I encourage every to try this. It is very enlightening takes about 20 min! Do it!

Done!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Good for you too Sue, when you think about it is for our benefit so researchers can know the truth about our disease and how our GI's respond. Cool survey.. Anything to get a cure, I will do! Ok well, almost LOL...

I found it a cool survey too.

I like the angle they are looking at here. Its significant and worthy of study because this forum really did change the way I interacted with my GI team and how I have tried my best at establishing my own responsibilities in this whole escapade.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Was a simple survey.

Internet help is a good thing but also has a lot of bad points.