• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I need your advice on this

:sorry: Gross, graphic arse related question coming up folks (but I know I'm in the right place for such questions!!!) :sorry:

Ok, here goes (I am VILE). This is a new symptom for me : blobs of foul smelling jelly - like mucus (I apologise for graphic description. Am absolutely horrified at this latest development). Does anyone else have this? Please share your experience & advice with me. I'm worried about this (& repulsed).

Looks kind of like brown tinged sticky snot (sometimes also for me it's just cloudy)? Well that kind of consistency anyway, if so I get the exact same thing! I also find it repulsive but I guess it's just something else we have to put up with!

Last edited:
Wow..yeah...I get this too. I just posted about my "alien looking mucus"...about half the time I have that....and the other half...I get more of the jelly looking stuff....sometimes thats all I pass...is the jelly type mucus. I have noticed a strange odor to it....but to me..it almost smells like that iron-y blood type smell. Ok...I'm getting way too gross too..lol...sorry. I don't have a diagnosis yet....so we'll see..just wanted to let you know that i deal with this too. Take care!

Olivia

I get mucus, too... sometimes clear, sometimes yellowy-brown tinged and sometimes even greenish... And not always with diarrhea.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I get mucous all the time but it isnt what I call foul smelling. Could be what you ate>? VERy common in Crohn's to lose mucous.

Oh thank you all so much for your reassuring replies. Very very grateful. Natalie, your description is entirely accurate. Olivia, yours too. So I suppose this is just another one of those lovely symptoms we all have to learn to live with. xxxxxxxxx