• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hydrogen peroxide therapy

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Do you mean ingesting it?

I don't know anything about it but I would well imagine it would be as polarising as MMS and Colloidal Silver.

I only have experience with Hydrogen Peroxide as a wound dressing product. It was something we used extensively in the past but it is no longer considered best practice. Over time, with research and studies, HP, while putting on a fine show when first applied to wound (bubble and fizz), it proved to be detrimental to the integrity of the wound bed.

Not sure what it does to your insides though.

Dusty. xxx

rygon

From Wiki

Therapeutic useHydrogen peroxide is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) as an antimicrobial agent, an oxidizing agent and for other purposes by the U.S. FDA.[33] For example, 35% hydrogen peroxide is used to prevent infection transmission in the hospital environment, and hydrogen peroxide vapor is registered with the US EPA as a sporicidal sterilant.
It is a common misconception that hydrogen peroxide is a disinfectant or antiseptic for treating wounds.[34][35] While it is an effective cleaning agent, hydrogen peroxide is not an effective agent for reducing bacterial infection of wounds. Further, hydrogen peroxide applied to wounds can impede healing and lead to scarring because it destroys newly formed skin cells.[36]

Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a toothpaste, or oral debriding agent, when mixed with correct quantities of baking soda and salt. This use is no more effective than toothpaste alone, however.[37]
Hydrogen peroxide and benzoyl peroxide are sometimes used to treat acne.[38]
Hydrogen peroxide is used as an emetic in veterinary practice.[39][40]
[edit] Alternative usesSee also: Liquid Oxygen (supplement)
Following the call by alternative medicine advisors for drinking diluted hydrogen peroxide, and using it in various ways such as in shampoo and as an additive to toothpaste, as a treatment to illness in general and cancer in particular, the American Cancer Society states that "there is no scientific evidence that hydrogen peroxide is a safe, effective or useful cancer treatment", and advises cancer patients to "remain in the care of qualified doctors who use proven methods of treatment and approved clinical trials of promising new treatments." [41]
Another controversial alternative medical procedure is inhalation of hydrogen peroxide at a concentration of about 1%. Intravenous usage of hydrogen peroxide has been linked to several deaths.[42][43]
So looks like it isnt a disinfectant nor antiseptic So i'd say that the link you posted is false

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I'm not sure what to make of its claims. I would be lying if I didn't say I was sceptical and that would stem from the, in my opinion, "too good to be true" feel of the article and the catch all of diseases that is listed, which is by their own admission only a partial listing.

When it comes to IBD I would have thought that ingesting may be more beneficial than IV as it is the one organ in the body that it has direct contact with. (((shrug)))

Good question though Stephanie and it will be interesting to see if anyone has had experience with it.

Dusty. :)

From the wiki you posted:"Intravenous usage of hydrogen peroxide has been linked to several deaths."

YIKES! I don't think I'll be pursuing this one!

ekay03

My dog has hands!
This sounds just kooky enough for my dad to try! I'm gonna shoot him an email. I am most certain he has heard of it. He is currently trying to cure his crohns w/ electricity and silver!.

I have been taking 5 to 10 drops of 3% food grade h2o2 in my water and it has eliminated the overgrowth of candida in my gi system. You will never see the FDA or any drug company what so ever state anything positive about FG H2O2.

WHY?????? Because it's unpatentable and there's no money to be made leaching off sick people and insurance.

Don't be afraid!! Be informed.

ap

This explains it. Sounds kinda kooky to me, honestly. I just thought I'd see if anyone had heard of it.
Excellent, 2 books I read really explain in detail with evidence about H2O2.

1. The truth about FG H2O2

2. Hydrogen Peroxide H2O2 the Medical Miracle, by William C Douglass 2003.

If you can't find these, send my a pvt message and I'll get them to you.

cheers

ap