• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Saccharomyces Cerevisiae in Crohn's??????

Does anyone have any idea what these levels have in relations to Crohns? It seems that they are yeast antibodies, the two most prominent ones being Saccharomyces Cerevisiae IgG and IgA. Also he tested for Atypical pANCA, but it seems it came back negative.
This is how my doc helped in diagnosing me. With a blood test looking for these. Apparently mine were really high which strongly points to Crohns, but also may indicate other issues.
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I'm gonna do some research.

Hi ibdoer, I have heard there are markers my doctor looks for in my bloodwork to see how active the Crohn's is at that time, but I don't know what all those markers are. I thought it was just the white blood cell count he looked at, but he could be looking at those levels as well. If you find anything in your research, I would be interested in hearing.

Good health, and best of luck.

My daughter had these levels taken also in helping to diagnose her last month. Her GI explained it to me that an elevated Saccharomyces cerevisiae is seen in most people with crohn's. It's not a marker for diagnosis but just something they've seen elevated. He had the test done to help him diagnose her along with the other levels. It's a yeast that is elevated evidently. Clear as mud huh, not sure I explained that how I thought it would come out :)
Tammy