• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone diagnosed via Pill Cam?

I have had an upper and lower scope that showed mild inflammation but biopsies were negative for IBD. I also had a small bowel follow through that didnt show anything. I have the most extreme bloating on a daily basis. As soon as i put food in my mouth i get awful trapped gas and bloating. My gut also makes all sorts of loud gurgles when this happens. I thought maybe a stricture in the small bowel but the small bowel follow through didnt show anything.

Anyone on here been diagnosed with pill cam after other tests came back normal?

SarahBear

I was diagnosed via pill cam. I was told all previous tests (colonoscopy, endoscopy, small bowel follow through) were normal, but after I looked over my medical records several years later, I realized that was entirely so. However, there was nothing that screamed "IBD!"

Have you had a Prometheus blood test done?

I was diagnosed via pill cam. I was told all previous tests (colonoscopy, endoscopy, small bowel follow through) were normal, but after I looked over my medical records several years later, I realized that was entirely so. However, there was nothing that screamed "IBD!"

Have you had a Prometheus blood test done?
When I had the upper and lower scope they went ahead and took a ton of blood for tests but I'm not sure if the Prometheus was one. I'm schedule to see my GI in 2weeks to ask about doing a pill cam and I will mention the Prometheus test.
Also what symptoms were you having?