• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feet

Lately I have been having shooting pains in my feet. Has anyone else had this? any suggestions what it could be?
:frown:

Lady Organic

Staff member
A podiatrist could be a first step to help orient diagnosis. the access is easy and you dont need a dr's referral.
I have a lot of issues with my feet which are not CD related. They are mechanical issues. Mechanical issues with feet/ankle from bad posture/misalignment are very common.

A podiatrist could be a first step to help orient diagnosis. the access is easy and you dont need a dr's referral.
I have a lot of issues with my feet which are not CD related. They are mechanical issues. Mechanical issues with feet/ankle from bad posture/misalignment are very common.
You can start there but if it's neuropathy you will get sent to a neurologist

Thanks. This just started. I have seen a podiatrist for other issues. Guess I need another appointment if it keeps happening.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Have you noticed it if is worse at a certain time of day? Have you changed shoes recently? I went through a period of time where every morning it was agony to get up and on my feet - I believe it was a case of plantar fascitis (sp).....Mine did eventually go away, but I did start wearing different shoes for work too and I think that helped.