• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is it Crohn's or something else?

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 1999. Had an intestinal resection in 2001. I've been pretty much symptom free until now.

The last month I've had two stomach aches that lasted for a week. The first one I waited to see my GI until AFTER my period to make sure it wasn't cramps from that. Though I've never had menstral cramps before I thought it might be possible to get them now but the pain kept on a couple of days after. My GI scheduled me for a colonoscopy on 9/26. Then there were several people in my office that had stomach bug so I thought that may have contributed to my stomach ache. Since I was feeling better and I don't have insurance I cancelled my colonoscopy.

I now have another stomach ache. My back hurts, my knees hurt, I have dry eyes, I have had sore gums... I think there is a resonable explaination of all of these symptoms without it being a flare up. I play soccer so that explains knees and back. I live in TX so allergies can cause dry eyes. Gums being sore usually gets better in a couple of days.

I think I am trying to talk myself into believing I do not have Crohns symptoms again. I cannot go through all of the medications and testing and hospitals.. again.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 1999. Had an intestinal resection in 2001. I've been pretty much symptom free until now.

The last month I've had two stomach aches that lasted for a week. The first one I waited to see my GI until AFTER my period to make sure it wasn't cramps from that. Though I've never had menstral cramps before I thought it might be possible to get them now but the pain kept on a couple of days after. My GI scheduled me for a colonoscopy on 9/26. Then there were several people in my office that had stomach bug so I thought that may have contributed to my stomach ache. Since I was feeling better and I don't have insurance I cancelled my colonoscopy.

I now have another stomach ache. My back hurts, my knees hurt, I have dry eyes, I have had sore gums... I think there is a resonable explaination of all of these symptoms without it being a flare up. I play soccer so that explains knees and back. I live in TX so allergies can cause dry eyes. Gums being sore usually gets better in a couple of days.

I think I am trying to talk myself into believing I do not have Crohns symptoms again. I cannot go through all of the medications and testing and hospitals.. again.
Hi Pegasus, so sorry you're going through this. I don't have insurance, either so I understand the back and forth decision on the colonoscopy. My advice is to get it done your health is very important. Best wishes and I hope you find answers for yourself soon! :)

David

Co-Founder
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this :(

I agree with motheroftwinboys. Get the colonoscopy done. If it's clear, it'll put your mind at ease. If it's not, then you can deal with the issue before it gets too serious.

Welcome to the community by the way :)