• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cold, Flu's, Oh My!

It's coming!
That season of illnesses. :sign0085:
My Grace just got her labs back and her white blood cell count (wbc) is the lowest its ever been and her lymphocytes are also very low.
Her nurse warned us to do what we can to keep her healthy.

I know washing hands and such are important but what other things can help during this time of year?

My grandma swore by a hot drink that consisted of orange juice, honey, garlic and ginger. I don't know if I could even stomach that. Lol

*Please note that any supplements should be approved by your doctors.:thumleft:

It's coming!

That season of illnesses. :sign0085:

My Grace just got her labs back and her white blood cell count (wbc) is the lowest its ever been and her lymphocytes are also very low.

Her nurse warned us to do what we can to keep her healthy.

I know washing hands and such are important but what other things can help during this time of year?

My grandma swore by a hot drink that consisted of orange juice, honey, garlic and ginger. I don't know if I could even stomach that. Lol

*Please note that any supplements should be approved by your doctors.:thumleft:

Hands down for me: Vitamin D. I take 5000 IU per day in winter. I've been trying to make sure my family remembers to take it too.

Vitamin C is not nearly potent as vitamin D. And we just don't get enough of it it cold climates.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...e-vitamin-d-might-reduce-winter-colds-and-flu