07-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Guest1

Prepping sucks

It's 1:35pm and I'm starving. That's all...
07-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
misscris

I'm sorry. I agree. Prep sucks!

W.C.C.....Charter member
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

Awww, I'm sorry. What prep did you get?
07-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
Guest1

My Butt Hurts said:
Awww, I'm sorry. What prep did you get?
It's for the barium enema. Citrate of Magnesia, Dulcolox laxatives, Dulcolox suppository in the morning and so much water that I feel like I'm going to float away. The hunger has subsided a LOT, thankfully, but I had to force myself to keep the Citrate down, bleeeech. It wasn't getting it down that was the problem, but the sour after taste was horrible. I felt like I was drinking liquid sour punch kids.

On a good note, the husband just called from work and told me it seemed safe to come home, LOL. He said he anticipated me being the Worlds Worst Bitch today with the prep on top of being that time of the month.
07-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

MMMMmmm magnesium citrate! My favorite out of the 5 different ones I've had! (Not kidding - rather yummy)
Good luck tomorrow V!
07-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
Lisa5326

Good luck V! I actually like the mag citrate myself...burping it all night not so much.
07-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
crohnsappleadams

vshirey317 said:
It's 1:35pm and I'm starving. That's all...
I have you beat. I've had a danish and ten jellos since Sunday night.
07-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #8
kello82

ugh sorry vanessa. hope it all goes well and the results finally help you get all sorted out
07-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
NatalieMT

I'm sorry you've had a miserable day of prepping - it's never fun! I have only ever had Picolax and Kleenprep but both weren't exactly what I'd call awesome. Luckily for me having no appetite I don't even remember thinking about food.

Unfortunately I have to get this years 3rd colonoscopy within the next few weeks, oh dear and I'll be re-living it all again with you I'm sure.

Although you have to look on the bright side, with getting the colonoscopy you are one step closer to a diagnosis and hopefully some sort of relief from your symptoms. Good luck with the procedure, will be thinking of you!
07-17-2009, 07:22 AM   #10
Guest1

Thanks everyone. For fear of sounding like a titty baby, I'm freakin' miserable this morning. I might as well of camped out in the bathroom. I feel so weak to the point that I feel like I want to pass out walking.

Oh, and I'm never drinking water or lemonade for the rest of my LIFE!!

The husband says he'll make it up to me by taking me to Olive Garden for lunch, so I'll suck it up the best I can, lol. Ah, I'd kill for a Dr Pepper, mmmmmm.
07-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #11
Guest1

Ohhhhh lordy -- well, I'm back from my barium enema. I think I'd rather give birth a few more times than do that again, uck! Anywho, it was about 30-ish minutes and my doctor was hilaaaarious, which made for some good comic relief.

Sure do wish I had a little donut seat right about now...
07-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
NatalieMT

Glad your doctor seemed pleasant, always make things run more smoothly - seemed like it was over before not too long aswell again always a good thing!

I can bet you are in some pain, rest up and I hope you're feeling more comfortable soon.
07-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
Guest1

NatalieMT said:
Glad your doctor seemed pleasant, always make things run more smoothly - seemed like it was over before not too long aswell again always a good thing!

I can bet you are in some pain, rest up and I hope you're feeling more comfortable soon.
Definitely -- thank you! As starving as I was, when we went to eat I just wasn't feeling up to it. My stomach was way crampy, so I ended up picking at my food. Ah, pleasantly back in my pajamas and am ready to drink something with FLAVOR!
07-18-2009, 04:06 AM   #14
kello82

ah glad you survived. sorry you didnt get to enjoy your big meal though =/ hopefully that drink tasted good!
i know exactly what you mean lol, anytime im NPO i would KILL for a mtn dew as well. last time i was in the hospital thats all i would complain about lol!
certain things sound soooooo good when youre dying of thirst.
07-18-2009, 05:05 AM   #15
bigtruck

glad you got it over and done with have a nice meal out soon
07-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #16
Guest1

kello82 said:
ah glad you survived. sorry you didnt get to enjoy your big meal though =/ hopefully that drink tasted good!
i know exactly what you mean lol, anytime im NPO i would KILL for a mtn dew as well. last time i was in the hospital thats all i would complain about lol!
certain things sound soooooo good when youre dying of thirst.
I had drank SO much water from the prep that yesterday morning when I went to take a shower, I actually started dry heaving from being surrounded by water -- that's a first! lol Last night I did have a Subway and a huge fountain drink and woo, that hit the spot!

On a side note: the prep seemed to help my right sided pain a LOT! In fact, this is the first time in 9 months that I haven't had ANY form of pain in that spot. X-rays and MRI's had shown no blockage in that area, but things that make ya go hmm...Maybe my bowels just got much needed rest in that area from fasting/water.
07-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
saidinstouch

Might not have been blocked, but coulda been slow moving in the area or some such, so the clear out allowed things to move along better as it were. Depending on how your body normally runs, miralax daily might help to keep things moving along so there is less friction and pain in there since a lot of us suffer from damaged mucosal lining. Just a thought, but if you are the diarrheal kind of crohny then miralax is probably a bad way to go.
07-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #18
Guest1

saidinstouch said:
Might not have been blocked, but coulda been slow moving in the area or some such, so the clear out allowed things to move along better as it were. Depending on how your body normally runs, miralax daily might help to keep things moving along so there is less friction and pain in there since a lot of us suffer from damaged mucosal lining. Just a thought, but if you are the diarrheal kind of crohny then miralax is probably a bad way to go.
Thanks for the recommendation -- I think it's definitely something to look into.
07-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #19
Guest1

Today it's been one week since I did the barium and I called my doc's office to see if the results were in -- the nurse said my file was STILL sitting on his desk and that because he's not in, I probably won't have them until Tuesday. Argh...
07-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
saidinstouch

Ah that sucks! Sometimes the doctor has to have their life too as much as we wish it revolved around us. But not knowing when it would take them like 20 minutes to get the results is always nerve racking! Here's to hoping you get good news with those results!
07-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #21
Guest1

The nurse from the office just called me and told me that everything looks okay on the barium x-ray. She said there was very small evidence of narrowing, but other than that there were no polyps, tumors, etc. Of course, the barium enema didn't get a look at my small intestine, so it didn't completely rule out anything.

I have another appointment on the 6th to discuss further treatment and new symptoms I've been experiencing. As I said in some previous posts, the bowel prep had completely made my right side feels TONS better -- I had no pain at all. A week after the barium (this past Friday), I woke up with my side throbbing...along with my right knee, right hip and elbows. Yup, joint pain. It was horrid. I had been having trouble with my knee for about 6-ish weeks, but this was painful to the point that when I'd move my leg I felt like the Tin Man.

I'm not feeling this doctor much. Honestly, if he doesn't seem to take me seriously at this next appointment, I'm picking up the phone and switching asap.
07-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #22
Agent X20

My Support Groups:
Sorry I'm a bit late on this one. On my barium enema last year I did all the prep as it said, but I still wasn't cleared out properly. They all looked at me as if I was a criminal and I had to do it all again a month later.
Your results sound like good news, hope the treatment options work out OK and all the pain clears up
07-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

Just the fact that you felt so good after being cleaned out says something right there, doesn't it? Did they say where the narrowing was located?
Good luck at your appointment, V.
07-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #24
Guest1

My Butt Hurts said:
Just the fact that you felt so good after being cleaned out says something right there, doesn't it? Did they say where the narrowing was located?
Good luck at your appointment, V.

She didn't, but I wasn't keen on asking this particular nurse any questions considering she was incompetent. I told her I was interested in seeing if the doc would put me on a trial period of anti-inflammatories, in which she replied, "Uh, Dr. (insert name) doesn't give our prescriptions for vicoden, percocet, etc.". I said, "No, I'm not interested in pain medication, as I have children. I am asking about anti-inflammatories". Again, she responded with, "Oh, he won't give you Lortabs or anything of the sorts".

::bangs head on desk:: AND THESE PEOPLE HAVE DEGREES?

I totally felt like Chris Tucker on "Rush Hour" and wanted to scream "CAN YOU HEAR THE WORDS COMING OUTTA MY MOUTH"?

I am SO eager to ask my GI questions, esp. what he thinks in regards to my bowels feeling better after being cleansed, but I don't want to get my hopes up that he'll really listen, either. Thanks, MBH, I'll keep everyone updated.
07-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #25
wsa

hello-- i am new here does anyone know what it means if my crp is high like 65 0-3 is normal. My sed rate and white blood count is "slightly high" whatever that means. have had a re-section but this is the first time in 7 years that things are not feeling wellso i am having a colonoscopy
07-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #26
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

wsa said:
hello-- i am new here does anyone know what it means if my crp is high like 65 0-3 is normal. My sed rate and white blood count is "slightly high" whatever that means. have had a re-section but this is the first time in 7 years that things are not feeling wellso i am having a colonoscopy
Hi wsa. I honestly can't answer any of those questions - but someone wil be able to I am sure. If you start your own thread in the 'My Story' section, more people will see it, and you will get a more proper welcome too.
When is your colonoscopy scheduled for?
Welcome to the forum.