Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Swollen Anus

05-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Cignal

Swollen Anus

After a lot of discomfort, a little bleeding, and some problems staying clean, I was told by my doctor that I have a fissure near my anus. I was provided some drugs and lotion by the doctor and that did seem to help. However, today when I went to the restroom, I found that there was like a ball-like feeling around an inch across and it donned on my that my anus is swollen. I do have Crohn's Disease but have never experienced anything like this. Has anyone else? I'm a little scared and my doctor can't see me until Thursday.
05-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
David
Co-Founder

Hi Cignal, and welcome. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Do you think there's any chance that you may be experiencing a [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid]hermorrhoid[/ur]?

Either way, I'm sure some others will be by to provide other possibilities. I know Thursday feels like a long way away, but I hope you're able to put your mind at ease a little until then. Good luck!
05-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
xJillx
Your Story Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Cignal and welcome! I have a lot of issues with my rectum, too. But I have not had feeling like I am sitting on a ball. However, that is a symptom of ani levator syndrome:

http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/3...evatorSyndrome

Good luck with your appointment on Thursday. Please let us know how it goes!

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease - July 2010
Diagnosis of Crohn's Disease Retracted - October 2011

I am still sick and so confused...
05-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
naturevalley

Hi cignal , I have many problems with my rectum also. That is my biggest problem with crohns. I have most of the stomach problems under control but my backside is the worst part. I dont know if its the same thing you had but I have to little round almost pea size skin tags on the outside of my rectum, they said they are not actually hemmroids just part of my perianal crohns disease. They dont hurt all the time, alot of the time I cant even feel them, but with they swell up and get really sore then thats when I know that I am about to have a flare up. I us lots of analpram and a&d ointment. I feel your pain!
05-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Jer's Girl

Hi Cignal! Could it be a fistula starting? You should have a Dr look at it just in case. I hope you figure it out soon. Hopefully someone on here can help.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Swollen Anus