Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » I can't eat food! Only liquid nutrition help!!! Support Group

03-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
Juulez

My Support Groups:
I can't eat food! Only liquid nutrition help!!! Support Group

About this Support Group

I think the name says it all. In here feel free to vent ask questions give advice or just support....

Members

Deliwi, Gemmcn, HolisticHealing's Avatar HolisticHealing, Juulez's Avatar Juulez, Kvanbeek, ncman, Prioritynumber1's Avatar Prioritynumber1, sabboo, Spooky1
03-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #2
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Any advice on getting used to this type of diet. I am on peptamen1.5 vanilla I have been putting it into my coffee . Oh do I need help and advice. I seem to have cotton worse it's only been 2 days. Thank you. Please join!!!!
03-19-2017, 03:41 AM   #3
Gemmcn

My Support Groups:
Hi..are you on liquid diet to try calm a flare or do you have a stricture? I'm currently on fortisip and every few days I eat some mashed potatoe. This is because of a flare and stricture. I was on ensure plus but that made things worse as I ran to the toilet more. Things have calmed down now.
03-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Hi..are you on liquid diet to try calm a flare or do you have a stricture? I'm currently on fortisip and every few days I eat some mashed potatoe. This is because of a flare and stricture. I was on ensure plus but that made things worse as I ran to the toilet more. Things have calmed down now.
I cannot absorb anything and my pancreas is not working. I will start entivio hope things heal and maybe slowly try food. I'm not sure of anything. The stuff makes my tummy hurt so bad among other symptoms and no energy. Well I'll talk to doc. Any ideas to help like this stuff taste wise? Thanks
03-19-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
Gemmcn

My Support Groups:
I cannot absorb anything and my pancreas is not working. I will start entivio hope things heal and maybe slowly try food. I'm not sure of anything. The stuff makes my tummy hurt so bad among other symptoms and no energy. Well I'll talk to doc. Any ideas to help like this stuff taste wise? Thanks
I wouldn't know because of your pancreatitis. I always thought that you had to be on clear fluids with that. Look up polymeric diet which involves food like jelly, clear broths ect
03-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #6
Juulez

My Support Groups:
I thought so too I'm not sure what all is going on. Thank you if I get anything more I'll post it
03-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
sabboo

My Support Groups:
Is coffee the best thing to be drinking? I would imagine it's not too kind on your bowel while your so poorly. Could it actually be causing some of the problems? I had a liquid diet for 3 years and found every time I tried to eat something I got sick. Turns out years later to be food allergies, mostly egg and cumin . Is why I question coffee.

03-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #8
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Dr said tea and coffee ok no creamer or milk though
03-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #9
sabboo

My Support Groups:
My Dr's said all sorts too. Didn't make them right. It might be a long shot but try one of the food intolerance tests you find on wowcher and and groupon. The results shocked me and have changed my life. In the early stages it's really difficult I know. Just know you will get better. I healed so far but was always exhausted and had diarrhea constantly. My docs just used it's your crohns as a badge of honour to label me with every ailment possible. Turns out it was good allergies causing it. And not celiac. The NHS won't test for this you have to pay yourself.

03-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #10
Juulez

My Support Groups:
This is how I feel
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_2842.PNG (59.1 KB, 83 views)
03-28-2017, 03:02 PM   #11
sabboo

My Support Groups:
It's bad when your in pain while your dreaming. Things will get better. It's likely something in your life triggering it to be so bad. I don't know what caused my crohns but lots of food allergies appeared after I started eating again. I drank lots of sugar free pop and the aspartame was making me ill though I doubt all the coke and Pepsi was doing my guts much good either.
I'm sure you will find a way out. Don't give up looking is the only advice I can give, it's not one shoe fits all with crohns and I'm sure once your ready your body will let you eat again. First thing I could manage was mars bars lol

03-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #12
sabboo

My Support Groups:
Giving up smoking was a huge piece of the puzzle for me, after that I could start working out what was causing what.

03-28-2017, 03:49 PM   #13
Prioritynumber1

My Support Groups:
I had to go on a liquid diet for 2 month before my surgery, I was given Forisip as a prescription by my GP and I can honestly say the Banana ones are the best!

I tried, Chocolate, strawberry, banana and caramel. Never tried the Fortijuiuce but I hear they aren't great compared the milkier versions.

I also had smoothies from any regular shop and mostly topped up with beige coloured food that was easy to digest, so crisps and potato.

I hope this helps?
03-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #14
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Thank you. I've never heard of forsip. I wish I could have smoothies but I need the predigested. Because I don't have a working pancreas which means no digestive enzymes and therefore malabsorption. And I still have diarrhea and can't keep up with the fluids and end up dehydrated. We need to do something. Thank you and I will check it out 💜J
03-29-2017, 05:52 AM   #15
Prioritynumber1

My Support Groups:
Sorry - That was a typo - It's Fortisip http://www.fortisipdrink.co.uk/

They are carb heavy but have no fibre which means they shouldn't disrupt your digestion but I'm not sure about your pancreas issues. Best to ask you GP.
03-29-2017, 07:11 AM   #16
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Thank you💜
04-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #17
sabboo

My Support Groups:
I only liked the chocolate and Strawberry ones and even then had to down them holding my nose. Was out of necessity rather than choice.

04-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #18
ncman

My Support Groups:
Hi. I've been on liquid diets to help me get into remission, I used the Elemental 028 drinks.

Have you tried freezing them? I didn't mind the taste, but when that's all you're having, then it's just like an ice lolly.

And I second Sabboo above, I don't think the caffeine is a good idea, as I know it is a stimulant. ...I reacted to both tea and coffee myself.

Other supplements as needed: Adcal D3, Sytron (liquid iron, much more gentle on the stomach)
04-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #19
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Sorry - That was a typo - It's Fortisip http://www.fortisipdrink.co.uk/

They are carb heavy but have no fibre which means they shouldn't disrupt your digestion but I'm not sure about your pancreas issues. Best to ask you GP.
Dr said fortsip was fine but it is not easy to get here
Thanks💜
04-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #20
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Hi. I've been on liquid diets to help me get into remission, I used the Elemental 028 drinks.

Have you tried freezing them? I didn't mind the taste, but when that's all you're having, then it's just like an ice lolly.

And I second Sabboo above, I don't think the caffeine is a good idea, as I know it is a stimulant. ...I reacted to both tea and coffee myself.
I haven't tried those although I heard they were good and I don't think I can freeze the stuff I take I'll check. I have no trouble with tea herbal and coffee but not too much. Doc said if it doesn't bother me fine. Having another test as the found a stricture and will probably need surgery as there is too much scar tissue. Then hopefully start entivio and introduce food thanks💜Julie
04-06-2017, 04:03 AM   #21
Prioritynumber1

My Support Groups:
I hope you feel better soon!
04-06-2017, 04:06 AM   #22
Prioritynumber1

My Support Groups:
I had surgery in September last year and wrote all about it if you're worried or need some advice? I did it mostly to keep me sane whilst in hospital but turns out it helped a few people so I kept it up... pictures and all so feel free to take a look: prioritynumber1.com
04-06-2017, 04:25 AM   #23
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Thank you
04-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #24
HolisticHealing
Banned
Have you tried Bone Broth? Soooo good for healing the gut and all-around wellness! I can't post links here yet, but you can do a quick Google search of Benefits of Bone broth for the gut. You can also make your own (there is a process to it, I have some simmering now for the past 30 hours) there are some instructions for it online, but you can also get a carton at your local grocery store or any Whole Foods. Just make sure it says BONE broth. Hope you feel better!
04-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #25
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Have you tried Bone Broth? Soooo good for healing the gut and all-around wellness! I can't post links here yet, but you can do a quick Google search of Benefits of Bone broth for the gut. You can also make your own (there is a process to it, I have some simmering now for the past 30 hours) there are some instructions for it online, but you can also get a carton at your local grocery store or any Whole Foods. Just make sure it says BONE broth. Hope you feel better!
i have recently heard that but I can only have this peptamen stuff and drink herbal peppermint and fennel tea and ginger ale water etc nothing with protein so right now I can't drink it but may be after they get me fixed up a little. Thank you so much and I will save the info for as soon as I can have it. 💜Julie
04-29-2017, 05:25 AM   #26
Spooky1
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Caffeine is bad for me as it's too much of a stimulant. I also have problems digesting any fats. I tend to stick to 028Extra through a tube in abdomen, and bland potato and bland fish (poached or tinned). I feel for you though.
04-29-2017, 06:49 PM   #27
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ds is on neocate jr chocolate only (elemental amino acid based)

Formula -neocate jr , eo28 splash or peptamen etc...
Should not be frozen
Or heated
This reduces or elongated the nutrional value from the formula

If you freeze it as an icy then you don't count that towards your needed daily calories

Ds has been no foods for 4 weeks
Four more weeks to go
This is the fourth time he has done EEN
04-29-2017, 06:58 PM   #28
Juulez

My Support Groups:
Been on liquids for 3 months and who knows how much more. I just got some bone broth they said I could sip it
05-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #29
The Real MC

My Support Groups:
How about greek yogurt? It's not a solid food but it is a probiotic with high protein. Probiotic is friendly to the piping and protein is friendly to your well-being. Mix 8oz with a tablespoon of honey which is a natural anti-inflammatory.

So sorry you are having so much trouble.
05-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #30
Juulez

My Support Groups:
I have had Greek yogurt I like it. Thank u

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » I can't eat food! Only liquid nutrition help!!! Support Group