Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Need help and guidance or reassurance

02-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
Umzy786

My Support Groups:
Need help and guidance or reassurance

Hi my names umair I had a surgery done back in October which was an emergency surgery due to perforation.
I have a stoma in place and over the time initially my stoma was very big the hole itself but now it's gone small, I know it does after time but mine has gone very small. Also my stoma itself has retracted but that happened not long after the surgery,
My stoma is working fine but the hole is getting a lot smaller and I'm getting worried as to what could happen.
Anyone got any advice or input as to what can be done

Thank you
02-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
highlandsrock

My Support Groups:
I had the opposite problem of the stoma trying to "escape". What does your stoma nurse say about your situation? They've seen it all before and know how to get round these problems. Is there a helpline you can ring in the morning?

Not taking Crohn's meds at present. In the past - pred, pentasa, aza, entocort, infliximab - with varying degrees of success

Currently on :
Loperamide/Colesevelam to keep the BAM at bay
Propanolol/Omeprazole for PVT
B12 injections

Twitter - @crohnoid

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Need help and guidance or reassurance