Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Any Success Stories?

05-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #31
ameslouise

MBH - That IS a success!

But if there is one place in the world you don't need to worry about bathrooms, it's Disney World. Clean as a whistle and always well stocked with paper! Crohnie's delight!
06-21-2011, 02:39 AM   #32
Dayz

My Support Groups:
I wanted to bump this as I am feeling really down on the dumps reading a blog about chrons- traumatized and depressed are two words I would use to describe how I feel...This thread made my day : )
06-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #33
soretum

So so so good to find this thread... Just diagnosed 2 weeks ago and really really struggling today, lots of tears and just feeling so alone.... know the pred is making me emotional and I just have to dig in and wait it out but today it just feels like I'm never going to get better...have coped really well till this point but the wheels are well and truly falling off today...reading this is just what I've needed to give me a wee buck up
06-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #34
Jennifer
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
There are a few of us on the forum who are in remission and who have been for many years (myself included). I wish more people who are in remission would come on here because hearing about all the stories of being really sick can really be a downer and hearing from those who have been through it and lived through it and are doing well gives inspiration and hope to others and I think that's really important in a support group. That's the main reason why I've stayed here and plan on staying here.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
06-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #35
Gutsy

I was diagnosed with Colitis a year ago along with gallstones, then Crohn's this year. Got medications figured out (messlamine) over time, now taking 3 x 500 mg twice a day. Finally had gallballder removed in April which helped a lot but made diarrea worse. Added Olestyr (anti-diarreheal) six weeks ago (1/2 pouch per day) and now I feel better than I have in years! I eat most things except nuts and seeds and back to my weight before it started. I just hope it lasts!

People who say they wish they had Crohns to help manage their weight need to get their head examined.
06-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #36
Dayz

My Support Groups:
I wanted to add this
Having had Crohnís for 40 years, these comments are pretty eye opening. I guess I am one of the very, very lucky ones. Yes, I have had resections, my first one I was in the hospital 5 weeks dealing with surgery for gangrene which I had ignored since I was in college at the time and just newly married on top of that. Two weeks after the surgery to remove the gangrene, they did another surgery to remove the infected area of the Crohnís. I had never heard of Crohnís before that. Believe me, I know it now. I am lucky because I am having great luck with Humira and that is all I take for Crohnís (an occasional flareup calls for more prednisone which usually works). Anyway, I have been teaching high school math for 37 years, have two beautiful grandchildren and many wonderful family members and friends. I love Jesus and I know He is taking care of me. I seem to never get depressed or stressed over my problems. I just deal with them one day at a time. I am going on a wonderful trip to Europe in a few weeks and as long as I have something for an occasional interruption, I will have a very blessed trip. Good luck to all of you and may Godís blessings shower you each day.
I imagine that fellow blogger Alicia found herself in much the same situation that I currently do. My life is at a critical crossroads- I'm feeling well enough that I don't need the therapeutic effects of writing this blog, and I'm juggling a ton of exciting personal and professional projects as well as a lively family life and a growing relationship. I find that I need to start giving the most important of these things priority in my life. My time, my energy and my attention. A day long trip to the beach with family (along with a business related talk with my brother) reminded me of what is really important- what I really want in my life. A family and the opportunity to grow my professional projects into something successful.

I tend to be a bit like a kid in a candy store. Every interesting thing that comes my way- I jump on board sampling a little here and a little there until I have a mountain of hobbies, activities and projects. Jack of all trades and master of none. Which is why I've been in a process of streamlining. Cutting out the things that provide the least reward for the most energy expended. Among the things on the cutting floor will be, I think, my poor guinea pig. A fun, small pet who has become a bit nippy due to the fact that I don't have time to give her the attention she deserves. I think I will be putting her up for adoption soon.

Also cut is this blog. Don't worry readers- I won't be taking this blog down or abandoning it all together as I still enjoy writing here. But it does mean that my posts will be less frequent. No fluffy updates on daily life- I will try to just write when I have something meaningful to add on the topic of Crohn's Disease. I'm not gone- just less frequent.

My advice is underlined here: remember that browsing the web can give you a skewed feeling of how bad this or any disease is. Those of us who are feeling good, have less of a tendency to post online. It also means hope for you- nothing is permanent- including suffering!

http://mystupidcrohns.wordpress.com/...rohns/page/18/
Above is the link to a blog that I really liked. I know that with this Disease it can be hard to think that you can lead a normal life but there are people who do.
Brian Regan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-HW...eature=related
Laughter is the best medicine! I will keep posting these up!

Hope people can keep adding to this thread- Positive thinking. I had one lady who has chrons tell me to stop worrying about all of those things that possibly will never happen and to be on a road to getting healthy.
06-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #37
Nosick

There are a few of us on the forum who are in remission and who have been for many years (myself included). I wish more people who are in remission would come on here because hearing about all the stories of being really sick can really be a downer and hearing from those who have been through it and lived through it and are doing well gives inspiration and hope to others and I think that's really important in a support group. That's the main reason why I've stayed here and plan on staying here.
I agree with this completely. I wish more success stories were on here also. I didn't start coming here until Remicade quit on me and I was left on my own by my insurance company. I collected information wherever I could and tried a bunch of popular remedies. I finnaly found something that works for me last year and have been doing great.

When I was doing poorly, the success stories I saw gave me hope that this disease could be beat. Hang in there and keep fighting!

CCherbal, Psyllium Seed Powder (2 big spoons per day), Max EPA Fish Oil
06-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #38
lola99

Well I can't say im a success but im not a walking disaster either. I've had symptoms of crohn's for about 5-6 years and it didn't get bad enough for me to be diagnosed till recently. I've never had to run to the bathroom with the "runs" and never had bleeding. I've never had issue with vitamin defiencies or weight loss. I must have mild crohn's. When i got diagnosed i just had bad inflammation and swelling that caused me severe pain and a partial blockage. Now im on entocort after weaning from prednisone and also taking asacol. I don't feel 100 percent yet since i still had some cramping but I'm not cramping nearly as bad. So I would say since i haven't had surgery,fistulas,bleeding,or dirrehea im doing good. I hope it stays that way.
06-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #39
lookame

My Support Groups:
I'll add me to this thread. I was symptomatic in th year 2009(at least enough to have a look at) the doctor gave me a colonoscopy handed me a paper with my results said I most likely have UC and he'd call and treat me whan the biospie results came in...well that day never came and he refused my phone calls. Since then I had been in the ER 3 times and two out of those 3 times the ER doc said I have inflammation but I needed to find someone else to treat me. Finally the last time I went I showed very anemic and was admitted for a week. I was given a second colonosopy(a complte year later from the first one) and my results were in and I finally got treatment. Diagnosed severe crohns(whereas before I had it mild-moderate) at the age of 23 in aug 2010.

Now that I'm getting treatment and I try to take my medicine religiously(I'm on 50 mg 6mp, 4 pills lialda, 2 multivitamins and iron) I'm beginning to feel pretty much symptom free. I wouldn't say I'm in complete remission because if I stop the drugs I do a 180 and start on my pain and agony path but I am in I guess drug remission, where with the drugs I am in remission...but I do have to remind myself everyday to take the pills...if I forget one day I tend to faulter back into reality of I do have an illness.

Bloodwork is indeterminate IBD, biopsies are crohns positive, symptoms and visually it's UC

Current meds-
Prednisone, humira, 6mp, and lialda
awaiting surgical consult

Mom of Little Z
eosinophilic esophagitis 5/2015
06-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #40
David
Co-Founder

I'm going to close this thread only because I would really appreciate it if those of you with success stories create your own thread in this forum. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Any Success Stories?