• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pillcam Results

Hi, all!

Got a call from my GI office this morning and they said that everything on the pillcam looked good. I did have one area of narrowing in my esophagus, and if I had any problems swallowing in the future he could stretch it with an upper endoscopy procedure. Sounds lovely. Not having any problems swallowing, so hopefully that will not be an issue anytime soon.

Guess I'm in the IBS camp for now. So I don't know what to think about that dumb Prometheus test.

But I'm still going to keep track of what I eat to see if there's anything that seems to set off the cramping and diarrhea and try some probiotics. Anyone have any recommendations as far as probiotics are concerned? I have issues eating plain yogurt and drinking Kefir, as they both tend to make me gag. So I guess I'm looking for pills. lol, sounds funny to say that.

Thanks for all your answers to questions and support! You guys are great, and I wish you all years of remission.

May

Hey May!

I haven't taken probiotics, but I've heard others in the forum talk about them so I'm sure you will be able to get good recommendations. One name that comes to mind is VSL3 but I think that can get pretty expensive.

Sorry to hear you're stuck in "IBS camp", but your idea of tracking your food to see what gives you problems is great. Keep track of your symptoms and if things change, bring them up to your doc. Be aware of how you feel throughout the day, do you feel better in the morning and worse at night? Be mindful of your stress levels and take good care of yourself!

Hi May,
Good news about the pill cam! I think diet is a good way to go. I took VSL3 for a while but they bloated me up. But maybe I didn't take them long enough. I find avoiding fibre and alcohol helps a lot. Veggies and bran really irritate my gut.
Keep us posted,
Gail

May
How did you know when you passed the pill cam. I had one done yesterday and have had lots of d and haven't passed it yet that I know of.
Bethy

bethyd78 said:
May
How did you know when you passed the pill cam. I had one done yesterday and have had lots of d and haven't passed it yet that I know of.
Bethy
Ha, I never fully confirmed that I did. The nurses at my doctor's office said some people know they pass it and others don't. But I'm assuming that I did. I am constipated as heck though, anyone have any laxative recommendations? Thanks!!

Astra

Hi May

Glad they didn't find anything sinister, but dismayed that you're gonna be labelled IBS! Keeping a food diary is a great idea, but if things don't improve, be sure to go back and insist and persist!
Keep well, good luck
xxx

Thanks Joan. I'm glad nothing sinister showed up either, although it would be nice to know why this happens. But like we said, if he finds nothing, it'll be IBS! Ohhhhh well, I guess I just wait and see if things get worse. I feel like my GI dropped me like a hotcake, though. The nurse called and told me the results, and then I had to call back to see what I should do treatment wise after I realized she didn't say anything other than no Crohn's was found.
Suppose now I'm my GP's problem, huh? :)