• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Upper Endoscopy Results

I had my Upper Endoscopy today to check out some apparent narrowing in my duodenum which the pillcam discovered. Turns out, it wasn't narrowing but "sharp angulation in small bowel" and no evidence of inflammation was found in the duodenum. I'm kindof skinny, and he attributed it to my small frame. They did do biopsies, though, so I guess I'll hear about those here in a few weeks.
He also told me that he saw evidence of acid reflux and put "Esophagitis, Grade A" on my report and prescribed omeprazole. I love that for my symptoms he finds nothing (episodic cramping w/D), but something in my esophagus shows up which in my mind I have no symptoms for. I think I had heartburn one time over the course of two pregnancies.
So for now, it appears I'm not a Crohnie. Hope it stays that way. :) And if it doesn't, then I'll be back!
Lots of love, everyone,
May

Yeah, I thought I might hang around anyway. I've learned so much from all of you. Your stories are so encouraging.
And if anything changes, then I have tons of great people to lean on.
Thanks, Pen.