• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introduction

introduction

HI there - new to the forum, and looking forward to getting advice and sharing. I guess I'm a little interested in psychology and am interested in knowing if any of you think that there is something we crohns sufferers (I'm relatively newly diagnosed by the way, but been suffering for close to 2 years) have in common. I myself am quite hard on myself, don't give myself much room to make mistakes.
Just curious as to what you all think?

Last edited:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Welcome to the forum! Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more on yourself as a Crohnie. What meds are you on and how long it took to be diagnosed. Your story is helpful for the rest of us to welcome you and help you along the way.

There is another person on here who is into psychology. My daughter was in first year of psych and got 100%, yeah proud of her after all the crap she went through, because she too is a perfectionist and it has helped her tremendously. She harps on perfection but it is stressful on the body and Crohn's patients need to be OUT of stress. Continue on with that, in time it may help. Welcome and joining the forum is fun and learning at the same time.