• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Prednisone with Creatine?

I still took the shakes and bars when I was on it and with no issue. Where as protein stuff will bother me, creatine and L-Glutamine do not. But during my first Prednisone cycle along with the creatine,and gymming it five days a week I blew up like a tick and went from 160 up to almost 210 in about two months.

I thought most of it was fat until I stopped lifting and was doing cardio to burn it off and was surprised to see I had put on a lot of muscle I had lost.

Yeah the protein seems to help my crohns which is weird and i need to build a little muscle so the creatine should probably help. thank you!

Just remember to rest up and take days off. When I was at my worst I would do thirty minutes of cardio in the morning then sleep another seven hours. lol