Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Know any Crohn's Disease community members?

View Poll Results: Is there anyone with IBD in your community?
Not that I know of 10 28.57%
Less than 3 14 40.00%
Quite a few people 11 31.43%
Everyone I know has IBD! 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

10-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
mikeyarmo
Co-Founder

Know any Crohn's Disease community members?

Do you know anyone in your community that also has Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis or Inflammatory Bowel Disease?

I happen to know a few people in my community who also have the disease. It is not something you see often, but I do meet others who also are affected by IBD.
10-23-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
ruthymg

I know of about 5/6 people in my town that also have crohns, however, even though I know of them, I don't actually know who they are. I only know this because my doctor told me.

Ruth
11-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
Janet

I do not personally know a single person with IBD. People I know know other people with it but I don't know anyone It's sad sometimes but that's why I come here!
11-15-2006, 03:21 PM   #4
wi_girl

I don't know anyone in my area with it.
11-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
tonya_n_ky

I just found out that a little girl I go to church with has it. I haven't talked to her yet because we're fairly new to this church but I would love to soon.
11-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
Kate

Im sure there are but i dont know them but i do know that friends of friends have it
11-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #7
GNC Crohn's Man
Vita-Man

I've meet a few people with IBD... It just happens when you deal with the public at your job and your job is to ask them lots of questions... I've known of one person that had crohn's that I personally knew sort of....Then their is another girl she's the manager of the cookie company in the mall I work at... She has Ulcerative Colitis.... I've meet tons of people that say they know of someone with IBD...
11-20-2006, 02:56 AM   #8
Mazen

I have a colleague at work that has UC. And another one has Rheumatid Arithritis (it's not IBD, but he takes the same meds and sufferes with it), so we all have some meetings from time to time to discuss how we feel, what we eat etc........
11-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #9
Jonny

Theres a few people ive met with Crohns disease in my Town one being a librarian and an old mates sister.Just recently talked to a lawyer in my town whose brother had it but unfortunatly he died of colon cancer.Other than that ive just met people with it through my local hospital while ive been in there getting treatment.
11-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
yonif99

I know of a few ppl but none my age, then I went to college out of the country met someone with colitis, and now in NY we actually both spent time in the same hospital 2 weeks ago.
12-30-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
picsiechick

Since my diagnosis with Crohn's, I've found out that 2 co-workers have Crohn's, and one has UC, and several people have told me about the brother/friend/sister/cousin they have who has one or the other. And there are three on a cycling forum I hand out on too. It's nice to not feel alone.

Thanks for being here!
~T~
09-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #12
DougUte

My Support Groups:
I know 4 people, but it is due to this forum in all but 1 case.

Crohns Medicines:
Started Humira June 22nd, 2011
Increased to weekly injections on November 1st, 2016
Due to the insurance company, Humira ended on January 31, 2017.
Started Entyvio February 9th, 2017
Loperamide 3 capsules twice a day
Vitamin B6, B12, Folic Acid
Vitamin D3 10000 I.U.
Nature Made Multivitamin

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Know any Crohn's Disease community members?