Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Alcohol and Aza and Infliximab.

06-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
I Love Lamp

Alcohol and Aza and Infliximab.

Has anyone had experinece with alcohol and Aza or infliximab? I had a couple of drinks on Friday and got drunk very easily and was violently ill on Saturday. I felt like my stomach was trying to come through my mouth. This happened the last time i had a drink but i passed it off as just drinking too much.

Its made my mind up that i need some clean living but just wanted to see if anyone else had similar experience on these lovely drugs?
06-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
Crohn's 35
Inactive Account

No, I never did, but I do know that drugs put pressure on your kidneys and bladder, and liver. It makes alcohol work very quick because you already have a strain on it. I had one drink whilst on Humira and half a glass of wine with food went straight to my head. Since then I avoid alcohol, being on Methotrexate would be foolish to drink on my part. Just my 2 cents.
06-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
MapleLeafGirl

I am on Aza and I find the same thing. I can have at most one drink and it goes straight to my head. I have been avoiding alcohol for the most part, but I have had the odd drink here and there. I asked my doctor about it and he said it was okay to drink but not very much. I am a really cheap drunk right now

Diagnosed: August 2006
Current Meds: Imuran (125 mg), Budesonide (9 mg)
06-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
Cookie

Same here. I'm on aza and I have noticed that I can only have one or two drinks MAX, because I get drunk fast and any more than two drinks and the next day I feel like absolute DEATH!! Puking and D all day long! It's just not worth it!
06-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
Astra

My Support Groups:
I've not had a drink for nearly a year, it's just sooooo not worth it, knocks me sick as a dog, especially on meds. (and I was a beer monster!)
just a thought, try abstaining for a while, you wont half see a difference, Crohnie wise!

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

06-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
xX_LittleMissValentine_Xx

My Support Groups:
I'm on aza and drink. I havn't noticed any difference off and on. I can actually drink quite alot now and not feel drunk. But yer maybe it is a good idea to be careful with the whole liver strain thing.
x x x
Infliximab

Past:
Pentasa
Prednisolone
Azathioprine

My blog: http://hollysbloggyness.blogspot.com/
06-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #7
I Love Lamp

Damn you Crohns disease! Its the world cup and i have to lay off alcohol!

you can take my dignity, make my joints ache, make one of my eyes swell up, make me pee like a racehorse, give me stomach aches and mess with my concentration. Not to mention the squatters rights i have on the toilet upstairs and making me tired during the day and give me insomnia at night.

But Mr Crohns this is a step too far.
06-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
Mike

My Support Groups:
How about just Remicade and alcohol? Does it still strain the liver and kidneys?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Alcohol and Aza and Infliximab.