• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi all!!

I'm so glad I found this website!! I've been on bed rest for my crohns flare up for the past 2 weeks, so I have been doing lots and lots of research. My little quick story is - I have had problems since grade school, first they thought lactose intolerant then gluten free. Still couldn't find the issue. Finally my GI thought to start treating me with Crohns in '01. Then when my appendix burst in '04, when I was in college- it was bitter sweet. It was then that they saw that for sure this was crohns and my intestine was a mess. Since then I have had my yearly 2-3 days in the hospital for flare ups and just on pentasa. I have strictures and most of my problem is in my ilieum.
I really over did myself and have been on bed rest since the beginning of the month. They are trying to do a colonoscopy on me so they can get me regulated on some meds. Now its just the waiting period for my inflamation to go down to be able to safely do the test. I'm on Entocort and Xifaxin.
Its the small things, but the doc just called to say I could start a low-residue diet - woohoo :) until my colonoscopy in 2 weeks.
I have a wedding to go to next weekend so kind of bummed I can't pig out and have some adult beverages, but it could be worse. The doc is allowing me one glass of wine:)
o and did I mention that i'm getting married this fall, sooooo I need to keep my intense healthy and my stress under control!!!
again so glad I found you guys!!!

Astra

Hi nny'er
and welcome

We're glad you found us too! lots of friendly peeps here for you and support too!
Yeah, bummer about the wedding, but think of it this way, these small sacrifices will pay dividends when it's your turn to wed! hopefully you'll be a lot better by then and on appropriate meds, enjoy the forum, and we'll see you around!
and hey, where are you from?
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome:nny'r, first of all congrats you are getting married in the fall. Love weddings. Glad you are here and lots here to welcome you.

Entocort is a mild drug, it is better than prednisone but doesnt work as good. And when you learn to get your stress level to normal let me know how so I can learn lol. I was looking up Xifaxin a few months ago , we dont have it here.

Glad you are here, you will fit in nicely ;)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi nny'er! Sorry you have to be here, but glad that you found us.
You might be surprised that the one glass of wine makes you a bit tipsy. I would SO have two though!
Low residue isn't too bad once you get used to it.
Good luck with your scope.
Welcome to the forum!
MBH

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Northern New Yorker? Anyway hi nny'er. Hope you get your inflammation under control so you can get the answers you need. Good luck!

Welcome! I thought your name, nny'er, meant New-New Yorker... as in you were new to New York, or perhaps you live in the future??

Anyhow, glad you found us!

Regular Joe

Hi nny'er,

Sound's like your head is a tiny bit ahead of your body. Don't fill your plate to high, and as we say from another planet "Easy Does It".

Welcome and glad to see you.

Joe