• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

True Guts DVD release/IBD movie

T

TrueGutsJosh

Dear Friend,

For the first time ever, Crohn’s and colitis are being thrust into public awareness through a nationwide inspirational movie, "True Guts: Struggle and Triumph over Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis".

True Guts is the story of what happens when individuals turn a life altering disease into a personal springboard to get more from life. True Guts depicts individuals (including teenagers and young adults) with Crohn’s or colitis and how each of them found a way to use his/her disease to improve their lives. Also included is advice from a nationally recognized gastroenterologist and psychiatrist, each breaking down the steps that are necessary to take control of your life with a chronic disease such as Crohn’s or colitis.

Check out our websites below:
http://www.trueguts.com and http://www.truegutsforum.com

Help us spread the word that it's possible to lead a happy and productive life with Crohn's and colitis. We'd love to have thoughts posted about the movie, your struggles and your triumphs either here or on our forum.

Many Thanks and Regards,

Josh Golder

T

TrueGutsJosh

True Guts DVD

The movie will be available soon to purchase. True Guts has been accepted into the Woods Hole Film Festival and we will be having our first screening there. We are getting together a bunch of promotional items such as the DVD, tees, etc. to make available to the public. Would love to hear about any specific feedback you have towards the site, the trailer or anything else!

Best,
Josh Golder :thumright:

I was unable to hear the trailer.. My sound is working fine everywhere else, but was unable to hear the trailer for some reason, but yeah the webiste looks great, and I can't wait to purchase the DVD to show my family..

I know from my own personal experiences, crohns is a social hardship in both high school and college, but I wouldn't really know as I am also vistually impaired / legally blind as well, so I got picked on and made fun of my entire life, not just from crohns, but from the blindness as well... So I had a double whammy in high school. hehe

I never had no friends, nobody to talk to.. The only "girlfriend" I ever had was a girl I met setup by the entire 11th grade, as a joke. The joke was to setup the least popular guy, with the least popular girl, in school just to make fun of them.. Despite their efforts, I ended up falling in love and marrying the girl, but she ended up cheating on me as she was never a very nice person herself, so I never had anyone there for me in my life really, so there are alot of things I could add to a movie like that, but in my particular case, it was probably just as hard, if not harder, living with a visual handicap as well as crohns, crohns was just the icing on the cake that was already there from everything else.. I learned to deal with it all in my own way after awhile, but growing up was definitely the hardest time in my life, I could write a book just on my life experiences alone that stem much deeper then just crohns.

take care

J

Jonny

Sounds like a very informative movie i think id like to buy it.I had to update my quicktime player to view it.The guy who was very emotional talking about buying weights with his dad made my mouth tremor with emotion i could relate very much to that.
Keep up the good work

Last edited:
V

Valentina

looks very cool! like the look of both your sites. havent watched the trailet yet.. my boss is only sooooo cool. lol will check it out later.. but would love to see the movie. will it be available in Canada soon?

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Moved this to General IBD Discussion as I think this is the better location for it and it ensures that more people will see it.

K

Kate

looks good to me not sure if we will hear about it here though

T

TrueGutsJosh

DVD Now Available to Purchase

Check out http://www.trueguts.com/purchase.html to purchase the DVD and other True Guts products. We just had a great screening this weekend and received a lot of wonderful feedback about the movie. We hope to keep getting the word out there about Crohn's and Colitis through these sites and the DVD.

Best,
Josh Golder

D

Donna

Well, I just ordered the DVD and look forward to actually seeing other people with the disease making it a good thing instead of a bad thing. I have spent the past 3 years with it, and have seen only minimal positive things about it, besides the funny things that come with it (ie: sense of good tp vs bad tp, reactions to noises you wish wouldn't come out in public, etc). So it will be inspirational to see what others have done since being diagnosed.

Thank you for the effort you have put in for the film. I will definitly pass it along to others and my GI after I have seen it. Maybe they will buy a few copies for us who get Remicade treatments and forget our own videos to watch. Never know!

Thanks again. I will let you know what I think when I see it!!

Donna

T

tea

love the site josh and hope the forum goes well. there are loads of good topics in there!!

Its a pretty good movie. I watched the trailor on his website a while back when he posted it here and I am think of buying it to show my friends and family so they undertand what I am going through and stuff.

S

Skinsfan1229

I saw the trailor also. It was pretty good. It hit the nail on the head on the things he was saying I thought, makes me really want to see the whole movie...my mom asked if you had to buy it off the internet or not, because she doesnt like putting her credit card number out there.

I would try emailing the guy because his email is on the site or at least was the last time I was on it. Then you could just order through him. Hes a nice guy so I dont think there would be any trouble. He pops in from time to time, just look for trueguts.

S

Skinsfan1229

trueguts? just look for him? Do you mean he stops in here? at the Crohns Forum? I did see a link for this forum under his links page, which impressed me and is really good advertising.

I would like to see the movie, I'm sure you cant rent it or anything from like blockbuster, or even that through the mail thing...netflix.com

I think all GI offices should get a chance at a free copy, or atleast every hospital should get it so that the GI's that have privelages at the hospital can use it for patients.

S

Skinsfan1229

I know, or see that mikey said he moved the thread but I'd like to say I posted about it again today, just to bring awareness to the subject of the movie. I'm probably going to buy one when I get paid next week, I think its a good idea, and I'll actually probably watch it and then donate it to my GI's office, which is THE GI's office to go to in this area so, I'll be 'donating' to a ton of people with IBD, or atleast IBS.

J

Janet

I bought it, I watched it, I liked it. It's basically the story of my (Crohn's) life and it was good to see how other people handle their condition. I think it will be good to show to family & friends to help them get a better idea of what I'm going through.

S

Skinsfan1229

I think it would be good for ALL GI's office's especially for University Hospital's, that way you know from the start, instead of HAVING to venture out on your own for information, givven I like the venturing, some might not, and there is some mis-conseptions it might clear up.