• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

hi i'm julia & 19 years old. i was just diagnosed with crohn's disease on june 18 2010. i think i've had ibs my whole life that turned into crohn's. my whole life i thought it was normal to have 4 or more bowel movements a day. in april, i had a terrible flareup & went to the hospital. (i have no insurance so it makes everything tougher) they did a CT scan & said that there may be some colitis in my bowels. they gave me some pepcid & vicodin & sent me home. i really didn't think i would have any problems & i was all better. but everything got 1000x worse. i had & still have terrible joint&back&neck pain, stomach aches, diarrhea & vomiting. on june 14 i had another terrible flare up, went to the hospital & was hospitalized. during my hospitalization i had a colonoscopy & endoscopy & it confirmed i have crohns. my gi prescribed entocort 9mg & nexium 40mg. my first appt. is july 8. everyday i wake up in terrible pain from my back neck & joints. it feels like i got hit by a car & i can hardly move. everything feels so locked up&stiff. ive tried everything such as tylonel, hot bath & light exercise. im wondering if anyone else has joint&back&neck pain from their CD. thank you & i love all the threads here & this is my first time on a forum

Hi Julz,

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was also diagnosed recently.

When I was diagnosed it was a relief to know what was causing my pain and discomfort so I could at least problem solve to find the right treatment plan.

I, too, have extreme joint pain. It is very common with CD patients. I have it mainly in my ankles and knees.

For now, I am taking Celebrex for my joint pain. It is an anti-inflammatory but is not as hard on the tummy as Ibuprofen. I begain taking LDN as my maintenance drug 2 months ago but it is not working so I need the Celebrex too. I am hoping once I am on a maintenance drug that works, I won't need the Celebrex anymore.

Maybe you want to ask your doc about Celebrex? Something to think about.

Hi Julia, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. I also lived my child hood with IBS like symptoms until it got bad when I hit 15. My joints are also a pain in my hands, knees, and ankles mostly. Sometimes my back can get pretty bad too. I've heard that Vitamin C can help with joint pain, so if you're deficient or at the bare minimum I would consider trying to get some more in you. I wouldn't give up on the exercise or anything else just yet. Sometimes it takes a little time for these things to work.

Have you tried any diet modifications?

Dallies

Dragonfly
Hi Julia, and welcome. Came across this by chance. Perhaps it can be moved to, "your Stories." Love Dallies xx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Julia, Dallies is right!!! You'll get a bigger welcome in Your Story so everyone can get to know you. You'll also find MANY who can identify with your aches and pains!! Welcome and good luck:)