• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the group!!!! remicade?????????

new to the group!!!! remicade?????????

hi people,
i'm new to the group and looking for support and chats from fellow IBD sufferers. i'm 27, well until saturday. i got diagnosed with UC in May 2008 after months of running to the toilet all day every day, losing blood, being sick and massive weight loss. over the past 2 years it has been an ongoing process with numerous stays and visits to hospital and a cocktail of different meds, i have been on steriods 4 times and even though i feel ok whilst on them as soon as i come off them i go back to feeling at my worst again within weeks. i am off work at the min and going to the hospital this week to ask about going on remicade. is anyone on is that can give me some info????

Danielle xx

Astra

Yay Danielle!!

Everybody, this is my best bud Danielle, we work together, laugh together and cry together, big welcome to my lovely friend Danielle
glad you found us Dan, you're gonna have a great time here, lots of support and advice.
love you
Joan xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: to the forum!! You have come the right place for chats, vents, info and support! We know how you feel!

We are all different in our symptoms and medications, many here have used Remicade and feel wonderful. Sometimes too busy and dont come on here as much because they are making up for lost time.

I am not a bleeder but my sister is, and it must be pretty scary and diahreah to boot. Steroids are not nice to some of us but they are good for short term and weight gain.

Glad you found us and hopefully you will join in our community which is rapidly growing and great people on here!

:hang:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Danielle and :welcome:

Great to see you here!

@ Joan. Hey you're not on a recruitment drive are you???????? :ylol: :ylol: :ylol:

Take care,
Dusty

Hello Danielle and welcome to the Forum!!
You are in good company with Joanie ...LOL
Just kidding...she is a sweetheart.

Make yourself at home.

Hugs~Nancy

Regular Joe

Hi Danielle,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that life with IBD can be so difficult - I feel for you. You are among folks that understand how you feel. Many of us experience very similar symptoms.

Missing work is a major problem in the states. There's lots of "ego" mixed into who we are and what we do with the majority of our waking hours. When something like IBD slaps us in the face, wow, suddenly the things we once held dear fly into the dumpster. And we're left scratching our heads in bewilderment.

You're among friends.
Joseph

Hi Danielle,

welcome aboard. Joan has obviously given you great advice by pointing you here. There's so much information and everyone is so supportive.

I hope the Remicade works for you :)

Regular Joe

Hi Joan,

Yes I'm quite well. I've been so involved doing things my surgeon told me not to do, that I haven't had time to type words on the computer.

My next project: installing the air conditioner in my bedroom. It's very hot here in the midwest states lately. Normally the whole house air would be fine, but those blasted nasty cats are not allowed in my bedroom! They shall not lay on my clean bedding ensamble with pesty paws that scratch around in "kitty litter". No thank you!

Hello everyone and thank you for all your comments!!!!!

joan is the best mate you could have and she has been there from day one, she was the first person i told before anyone what problems i had as i was so worried about going the toilet loads and lots of blood!! even tho she was having a bad time herself she still had time for me!!! she is the best!!!!!

i am glad i have found somewhere to talk to people about what i go through, my boyfriend paul is brill and has been a fab support and has done alot to help me but its good to have someone that knows what its like to have UC or crohns

loking forward to getting to know everyone

lots of love

Dan