• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi,
I'm 38, diagnosed with Crohn for 17 years. 15 of those were quiet with almost no inflamations. Last 2 years were less good and 5 weeks ago went through suregery where my terminal illeum was removed (around 20 cm). The operation was succesfull and the rest of my colon is clean.
My doctor is pondering whether I should be treated by Humira.
Any insight?

Astra

Hi Adi
and welcome

not tried Humira yet, but check out our Humira Club thread, loads of info on this and people in remission. Just click on 'search' on the blue line at the top and type in Humira.
wishing you a speedy recovery after surgery, hope you stick around.
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI Adi, welcome!!!! I have had a resection and Humira was not around at that time. Humira is a great idea, it didnt work for me, but many have done well. Because it takes a while to kick in, you may ask your doctor about being on something mild to keep it away. Stay on a low residue diet, and keep hydrated. I was on Entocort after my surgery for 7 years, worked great, until I had major stress in my life. Hopefully you will need a minimum of meds, another thing youn could inquire about is LDN.. a natural way to go. Lots of info on it.

Glad you found us, lots of info and support here!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hello Adi, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Where do you call home? Hope you stick around so we can all get to know you.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Adi and :welcome:

Roo has had the same op but we have not had any experience with post op Humira. I can't add any further advice but Roo has been on a maintenance dose of Imuran and that has worked well for her in maintaining remission. Look forward to seeing you around.

All the best,
Dusty

Hi,
I'm 38, diagnosed with Crohn for 17 years. 15 of those were quiet with almost no inflamations. Last 2 years were less good and 5 weeks ago went through suregery where my terminal illeum was removed (around 20 cm). The operation was succesfull and the rest of my colon is clean.
My doctor is pondering whether I should be treated by Humira.
Any insight?
Hi Adi,
I am 38 as well, turn 39 in August though! My mother in law just started on Humira, so we will see how it goes for her. There are many good people who have insight in this as we are new to all this meds and I am very new to all this. I will pray for you and know this is a great group of people and we will support you all the way!

I am on Humira. I am officially in remission after being diagnosed in Dec. I (thankfully) haven't had any surgeries yet. I hope that the Humira keeps on working!
Welcome Adi! I hope the Humira works well for you, too!

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hi, and welcome to the forum! Hope your recovery is going as well as it sounds like your surgery went.