Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Anyone ever take Avelox?

07-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
ibdoer

Anyone ever take Avelox?

Hey guys. Ive had this allergic sinus thing over a week now. Stuffy nose, mild sore throat, nasty sticky green mucus. Dry cough.
My doc gave me some Nasonex and a 4-day course of Avelox. He says it won't bother my stomach. I hate new antibiotics. They make me nervous. Anyone have any experiences?
07-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Here's some info on it: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000001

I've never taken that particular one myself but I've had various antibiotics before and have never had any problems with any of them. Hopefully someone else can provide more info.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
07-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
HeatherMN

I have taken twice it for pneumonia. Didn't have too many issues with it while I was taking it, but did notice some extra D after I was done with them.
Appendectomy January 2011
Humira 40 mg; also Flexeril, Wellbutrin XL, Klonopin, Salagen, vitamin D,
co-Q-10, DMAE, biotin, acai, multivitamin with ginger
07-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
Silvermoon

I have never used that one either, but with all antibiotics...with us Crohnies we need to watch for the dreaded "D".... so for most of us...this means more than normal...lol!

Good idea to take some acidophilus or other probiotic while taking antibiotics.... not at the same time, mind you, but in between doses if you can. If you can tolerate dairy, sometimes just eating or increasing yogurt is sufficient.

Hope it clears up for you soon!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Anyone ever take Avelox?