• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Quick intro.. needing some advice on drinks during flare

Quick introduction, glad I found this site, great resource

I have been diagnosed 8 years, after 4 years of various tests, going back and forwards to gyn, 5 laparoscopy procedures..finally referred to Gastro!

After diagnosis was told its mild..and go on your way

Had to drop out of uni due to the severity, after that researched various diets, cut out dairy and went vegan. I have had no flare for 3 years..however now I am studying again..and going through a lot of stress...bam.. flare..

Really struggling as its been so long since I had one, before I had slim fast or babyfoods

Now I am finding it hard just to have water/squash

Been using predfoam for the last week, loosing a lot of blood..any advice would be super duper helpful

Just a wee Hello :D

Silvermoon

"Loosing a lot of blood" is never a good thing...my first advise would be...FIND AN ER DEPARTMENT....

Secondly....anything you can get into you is a benefit...if you can tolerate dairy, than Carnation breakfast drinks...Boost...Ensure...pretty much any meal replacement type drink you can find.... Slimfast is actually quite high in sugar, so I am not sure I would use that one, as it might aggravate the situation.....

Hope you find some help....SOON!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Danceruk, :bigwave:

Sorry I can't offer any advice but Silver is spot on with what she had advised. Just wanted say that I'm glad you found us and welcome aboard!

Take care,
Dusty

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Dancer and welcome!! In my book, you've got two of the best on your case there with Silver and Dusty. There's a load of info in the diet and treatment sections on here as well. Good luck:).

Cheers :)

I cant eat or drink at the moment, so not much I can do in that department!

Fingers crossed the steroids will kick it into touch