Share Facebook

11-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
btcrv

Stress is up

Hey All,

Long time no post... In short I have been stupidly ridiculously busy. The stress is up now and my is starting to respond. My major professor had cleared me to defend my thesis. Two days before the meeting, my stats professor told me that I had to run more and different statistics so I had to cancel the defense. Each time that I meet with this lady, there is something new and different she wants me to work on so it is extremely stressful.

To make matters worse, there are larger implications to this too. If I don't finish this semester, it will affect me applying for internships for next year. I am funded for 5 years of school through my fellowhship so if I don't go to internship next year, I have to pay a year of tuition. Like I can afford that.

Any consolation is appreciated.
11-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
Jeff D.

Best of luck, if you can go excerscise. Just doing 12 push ups and 30 crunches or leg lifts will help ease the stress.

Best of luck
11-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
Skinsfan1229

I know it can be stressful.

But You can put off paying if it is medical reasons, or even if its financially un-do-able for you. Ask financial aid, if they say thats not true, their lieing and you need to do some research on the web for your own good.

Dont worry yourself to death, you'll make yourself sick, like I do!
11-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
skeet

re: my stats professor

Have you talked to her about your time constraints and the burden she's creating? If she does know, shame on her for being such a jerk!

Good luck meeting those deadlines!

skeet
11-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #5
mikeyarmo
Co-Founder

Nice to see you Brandi... I wish it was for some better reasons though!

I want you to try and remember that no matter what happens, you are going to survive. That is really the most important thing of all. Things with school and money and jobs may all seem frustrating, but no matter what you will live through it all. Try not to work yourself into a fit over it all, as that helps no one. Just do what you can, and don't worry about what you can't control. If you give it your all, then you know that things will go as best as you could have asked for.

What more can you ask from yourself than all that you can give?

Good luck and keep us posted.
11-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
Skinsfan1229

Please check with the "re-paying" of tuition and such. I know that if you are un-able because of medical reasons or even financial reasons there are thingss that can be done. They always try to get me to pay my bill at school with I flare, and then I say noooo look here, and I show them I dont have to, and everything is fine.
11-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
Valentina

great to see you Brandi. I hope you get through this.. Im sure you will. Take care of yourself, and try not to let it cause your crohns to react.. easier said than done Im sure
11-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #8
GeoGiGi

Hey, remember that some advisors never think a project is done and just push on and on and on... and sometimes the student has to push back and say, nope, I'm done-- especially if your primary advisor thinks your project is complete. We could always take things further but there's a matter of graduating and you just don't have the time. Sounds like the prof is making very strong suggestions... but see if you can take them as just that-- suggestions--and walk away with what you want to get out of the project. Easier said than done, I know... but don't be too hard on your self and remember to stand up for your self.

About reducing stress... I got a dog and that really helped Not the answer for everyone! Other things that help are talking walks in the middle of the day, calling friends far away, having tea with a friend nearby. Read a good book for a few minutes before bed. Do at least one good thing for your self each day, no matter how busy you are.
11-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #9
DannyB

Hye Brandi,

Try not to let things get on top of you too much, stress is never good for our condition.

Take Care