Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Okay..got the drinking down..now trying to eat! Not going well!

07-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Danceruk

Okay..got the drinking down..now trying to eat! Not going well!

Gradually is becoming less painful to drink, managed to get upto 500ml today, so pleased!

I tried to eat yesterday, was painful after and then this morning pain followed by maybe 5-6 bm.

Really not worth trying again for me considering how exhausting that was before a long day of work. Wondering if its okay to just have clear fluid for while or any suggestions what food to try??

Cottage cheese seems most comfortable - can retain for a while - not immidiate pain, maybe 20 minutes later. I can manage 4 teaspoons at a time

Apart from that been having lollies mostly - just kids ones, mostly water no dairy in them

Any ideas, suggestions, anything..be so so welcome!
07-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
merrywidow
mum with a dogdy tum

what about ensure, or something similar? it has the minerals and calories you need.

fred (stoma) was born on sept 10th 2003

life is like a loo roll, the nearer to the end you get the faster it goes.

memories are what makes life, life is what makes memories, make them good

sharon x
07-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Danceruk

can we get that here??

does it have milk in it??

Will see what I can find online about it, thank you
07-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #4

you're in the UK, right? there should be different brands of nutrional food drinks available to you, both on prescription and over the counter. maybe phone up your gp and explain how restricted your diet is right now, and ask his advice. the ensure type drinks are wonderful, but they're expensive to buy singly over the counter.
07-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Dallies
Dragonfly

Your dietician should be able to point you in the right direction to enable you to get all the calories and nutrients you need.

Meds: humira

Surgery:hemicolectomy June 2010
07-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Dallies
Dragonfly

Meg is using ALICALM which has to be made up. (Like baby milk) She is also having Ensure delivered as these are already made up. xx She has been assigned a dietician at the hospital and her prescriptions are free as she is in full time education. Where abouts in the UK are you?
07-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
Danceruk

I wont get to go back to consultant unless I have 3 flares, as I have had it under control for 3 years up until now

Am in Norfolk.

Okay, I will contact the GP, cant have anymore time off work for appointments - will see if he can do a telephone consultation for me.

Thanks so much guys
07-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #8
merrywidow
mum with a dogdy tum

try "build up" then, you dont need a presription for that. ensure comes in loadsa flavours but you need a prescription for it.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Okay..got the drinking down..now trying to eat! Not going well!