• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone!!

I'm new here and i just wanted to give you all a little background info. about me. I was admitted to hospital with dehydration and pr bleedinglast week. It all happened very quickly, i had been dx with IBS a few years ago and when I started with diarrohea (sorry, my spelling isn't very good):blush: i thought that it was that, that ws changing from bloating, wind, pain and constipation to going the other way. However, i started to lose alot of blood and felt really unwell, doc. sent me to the hospital. Had loads of different meds. whilst there and a colonoscopy. Waiting for results from swabs but doc. said that he is sure that it is Crohns. Am now predinisolone and feeling better. Going back to docs. in a weeks time. Was discharged with no idea about diet etc... Have had a look around on internet and found info. re low residue diet? Low fibre diet? All a bit overwhelming at the minute though and i'm confused by it all, any hints and tips for diet would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, that's my story so far - oh, I have a partner and three gorgeous kiddies (not that i'm biased)!!!! Thanks for reading, i hope to get to know you all a bit more, bye x:dog:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I just posted on your other thread and now I see you have posted. Send dingbat a pm, she maybe able to help you with the inbox issues, been glitches lately.

I am so gald you joined us! Yes this disease is overwelming , no matter how long you have had it we all have ups and downs,but we do grow stronger. I am on a low residue diet, it doesnt cure but keeps the flares down to a minimum. Low fibre does help. If your poop floats or looks fatty, means you are eating too many fats and preservatives. The best poop sinks. Only a Crohnie can say that LOL. Welcome aboard! :hang:

Hey Welcome,
It can all be overwelming to start with but the more you learn the more your be able to cope. Lots of people with lots of experience on here your get some great help.

I am on quite a harsh diet, but it works for me. Don't eat wheat or dairy and no fatty food, it is near to impossible but has changed my health so much. A low residue is popular with a lot of peeps with crohns so this should help. Obviously everyone is different, write down lots of questions so you can ask when you next go to your doc

Jo x

Astra

Hi Jellybean
and welcome

Yes I agree, the low res diet is good when you're flaring, gives your bowels a little rest. Try to steer clear of high fibre and too much sugar, you don't need an overgrowth of candida to add to problems!
check out our diet sections, lots of info on there, good luck with the Pred, any questions about that, we're Pred experts!
hope your doc gave you some calcium supps to take whilst on Pred? if not, you need to ask, steroids rob us of our calcium.
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hi there, welcome to the forum, I don't know much about diet...I have always just worked by trial and error!

There are loads of others who do know though :) so I have no doubt you'll find what you need!

Hi everyone, thanks for all your replies, already feeling little less daunted by everything that's going on at the minute.:ybiggrin: I will have a look in the diets bit, thanks for the tip about questions for the doc. too, i will def. start to note things down as my mind usually just goes blank when i'm in with the doc!!!:ylol: I find myself sitting there gormless saying "No, I don't have any questions", until i come out and then i think "why, didn't i ask this, that and the other!!!:blush:

I'm sorry i don't remember all of your names, i will do in time - but yes, I'm on calcium and vit d. supplements, thankyou for the tip :thumleft:

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hi, and welcome! My friends just laugh and say I can eat unhealthy food, but nothing that's good for you like fruit and veg. They're pretty much right. :) When your symptoms are under control, you'll find you can eat more foods again!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi JB and welcome!! You've got some good advisers already I see so I'll just say good luck and glad you're here:).

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Jellybean and :welcome:

Sorry I can't offer any advice about diet. I'm glad you found us and It'll be great to have you around. You've also got your hands full with three kids, just makes it that bit harder to spend the time you need for yourself! keep us posted on how you are going and any questions just fire away.

Take care,
Dusty