• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I actually enjoy food now :)

Ever since ive had my ileostomy i've enjoyed food SO much more.

Before hand, i could only eat what i fancied at the time, which wasnt much really. My appetite was pants.
I used to go over to friends houses and dread what would be cooked. I knew i would definately not want it, which i was right most of the time!

I never liked any vegetables, certain fruit, certain meat and now its all changed!

I love it all. I adore food now and i can thank my ileostomy for that.

I'm having it reversed at the end of the year (i hope) and i just hope my new found love for food doesnt change one single bit! :)

I had my surgery a few months ago and BAM! My appetite hit me like an avalanche just a few days after the surgery! Having this really makes you appreciate being able to eat and food :)

That's great :) So pleased for you :hug:

Hope the reversal goes well and you still enjoy food as much as you do now :hug:

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I never really heard of that that type of reaction happening with a stoma before. Maybe it has something to do with it being easier to eat/digest food that brought on this appetite?

If that is the case, then I would think that when it is reversed your new found love of food would continue!

Thank you very much to all you wellswishers! Its much appreciated and nice to hear, especially when your having a crappy day. (Y)

I just really hope my appetite does stick, especially because all i was living off before was heinz spaghetti bolognese! Fail. :smile:

I'll just have to wait and see what i can/cant eat and hope for the best!

I never really heard of that that type of reaction happening with a stoma before. Maybe it has something to do with it being easier to eat/digest food that brought on this appetite?

If that is the case, then I would think that when it is reversed your new found love of food would continue!
I think its to do with the fact that before my surgery i was in constant pain so i never really had an appetite, ever.

I believe because i actually have a decent one now, i can enjoy food a hell of a lot more and try things that i couldnt of possibly tried when i was sick. :smile:

Whatever it is, its awesome!