Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » I actually enjoy food now :)

07-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
RachaelMercedes

I actually enjoy food now :)

Ever since ive had my ileostomy i've enjoyed food SO much more.

Before hand, i could only eat what i fancied at the time, which wasnt much really. My appetite was pants.
I used to go over to friends houses and dread what would be cooked. I knew i would definately not want it, which i was right most of the time!

I never liked any vegetables, certain fruit, certain meat and now its all changed!

I love it all. I adore food now and i can thank my ileostomy for that.

I'm having it reversed at the end of the year (i hope) and i just hope my new found love for food doesnt change one single bit!
07-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
Claire617

My Support Groups:
I had my surgery a few months ago and BAM! My appetite hit me like an avalanche just a few days after the surgery! Having this really makes you appreciate being able to eat and food

http://www.facebook.com/people/Emma-...889?ref=search
07-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Pincushion

That's great So pleased for you

Hope the reversal goes well and you still enjoy food as much as you do now

Crohn's Disease Diagnosed Jan 2000

30th June 2010 began Modulen for 6 weeks (Liquid diet especially for crohn's. No food allowed whatsoever )

07-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
MapleLeafGirl

That's great. I'm on prednisone right now so I can actually enjoy food for a while too. It feels great!!

Diagnosed: August 2006
Current Meds: Imuran (125 mg), Budesonide (9 mg)
07-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
mikeyarmo
Co-Founder

I never really heard of that that type of reaction happening with a stoma before. Maybe it has something to do with it being easier to eat/digest food that brought on this appetite?

If that is the case, then I would think that when it is reversed your new found love of food would continue!
07-28-2010, 04:18 AM   #6
RachaelMercedes

Thank you very much to all you wellswishers! Its much appreciated and nice to hear, especially when your having a crappy day. (Y)

I just really hope my appetite does stick, especially because all i was living off before was heinz spaghetti bolognese! Fail.

I'll just have to wait and see what i can/cant eat and hope for the best!
07-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #7
RachaelMercedes

I never really heard of that that type of reaction happening with a stoma before. Maybe it has something to do with it being easier to eat/digest food that brought on this appetite?

If that is the case, then I would think that when it is reversed your new found love of food would continue!
I think its to do with the fact that before my surgery i was in constant pain so i never really had an appetite, ever.

I believe because i actually have a decent one now, i can enjoy food a hell of a lot more and try things that i couldnt of possibly tried when i was sick.

Whatever it is, its awesome!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » I actually enjoy food now :)