• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

42 years ago

That's when i collapsed in front of the cafeteria at San Francisco State College during my graduate studies to prevent from being drafted into the army. I called a cab and got over to the hospital after picking out the first doctor i saw in the phone book. They took out the appendix and looked around and found the ileum and ascending colon needed to be removed. Since 1968, I've had the usual Crohn problems. blood transfusions, resections, 3 am emergency room sessions after something I ate got stuck at the resection.
Lately though, the pain is coming from elbows, knuckles, and forearms. Nothing really eases the pain for long. Remicade i suppose makes the Crohns better, but I think has increased the pain. Anybody out there have similar reactions to remicade? Anyway, this is for you young 'uns out there. You can make it to 65 at least.. We just need a toilet not more than 5 minutes away at all times. And that is not possible. It's a crappy little painintheass problem.

teddy

Dallies

Dragonfly
Ahhhh Teddy (what a lovely name) and wow what a story. Welcome to the forum you are amongst friends here x

Hah. Im aiming for 100!

Anyways, About remicade, I have taken 4 infusions and so far its a miracle drug. No pain or needing to go to the bathroom that much

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Teddy and :welcome:

Wow, what a journey you've had. I love the remark about the young un's because I often wonder about Roo's future (and worry! LOL) even though I consol myself with the fact that that treatments and understanding of the disease continue to improve as each year passes.

We have a Remicade Club thread on here, here's the link if you haven't already found it:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4544

I'm so glad you found us and I hope you stick around as you would have so much offer with your years of experience. Welcome aboard!

Take care,
Dusty

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Welcome Teddy! Glad you found your way around here, I am still learning and been here 2 years lol.

I have been on Remicade but 3rd infusion I became highly allgeric, so I cant help you there. How long have you been on it now? Maybe petering out.

I know where all the bathrooms are in my town, and have christened everyone!

Lots of info here, great people glad you are on board with us!

Astra

Hi Teddy
and welcome

wow you've been thro the wringer mate!
you'll be a great asset to the forum with your experience and knowledge, hope you stick around
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

welcome to the forum Teddy. I see you're from Los Angeles. I live in Fresno, was actually planning to go to Los Angeles on Thursday. Hope I don't get lost in that big town.

Hello Teddy and welcome to the forum!!
I'm sort of an old gal and just this past year have been starting with
the ankle, joint, leg pains....and I am not on Remicade.

I think the aches and pains are all part of the Crohn's osteo process.

Make yourself at home....you'll be very helpful...
especially to the young'uns. :hang:

Welcoming hugs~Nancy

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
That's when i collapsed in front of the cafeteria at San Francisco State College during my graduate studies to prevent from being drafted into the army.

teddy
So, you gave yourself crohns to stay out of Vietnam:), you dirty, sly old dog :lol:. Hey Teddy, welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around and join our family. You'll have lots to offer!!!

trooper teddy!

That's when i collapsed in front of the cafeteria at San Francisco State College during my graduate studies to prevent from being drafted into the army. I called a cab and got over to the hospital after picking out the first doctor i saw in the phone book. They took out the appendix and looked around and found the ileum and ascending colon needed to be removed. Since 1968, I've had the usual Crohn problems. blood transfusions, resections, 3 am emergency room sessions after something I ate got stuck at the resection.
Lately though, the pain is coming from elbows, knuckles, and forearms. Nothing really eases the pain for long. Remicade i suppose makes the Crohns better, but I think has increased the pain. Anybody out there have similar reactions to remicade? Anyway, this is for you young 'uns out there. You can make it to 65 at least.. We just need a toilet not more than 5 minutes away at all times. And that is not possible. It's a crappy little painintheass problem.

teddy
Hi Teddy! U R a trooper:) welcome to the fam! i am sure you have all kinds of stories and advice for us newbies. (i was dx 2005 @ 24, senior yr of college, i am now 28). u must be one tough cookie. were u able to finish grad school?

Hey Teddy and welcome! It is nice to know that you can have a long life with Crohns...I found a lady who was exactly fifty years older than me in hospital when I was diagnosed (we shared the same birthday) and she had Crohns too, scared the life out of me because she could barely eat anything and was really emaciated! o_o

It's awesome that you've come so far and i'm sure the forum will benefit from your wealth of experience!

Don't get lost in LA !!

welcome to the forum Teddy. I see you're from Los Angeles. I live in Fresno, was actually planning to go to Los Angeles on Thursday. Hope I don't get lost in that big town.
DONNA, So did you manage to negotiate the nervous system that is the Los Angeles freeway maze?