• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello i'm a newbie to here, but NOT to Crohn's

Hi everyone and how are you all today ? :sign0144:
I have sufferd with Crohn's for 28 years this month. to be exact...lol..
I am now getting my 4th Surgery on 20th August...for a small bowel resection. and to tell you the truth, i'm scared stiff, and releived at the same time !!:pale:

At the moment i'm taking.. wait for it.... here's the longgggggggggg list...

MST,( morphine tablets) 20mg 2 x daily
Oral Morphine 5mls when necc
Pentaza
Buscapan
Prednisolone ( yukk!!!)
Methorixate
folic acid
co codamol,
imodium ( if i need it)
cyclazine
my gooodness i could go on, but you'll get so :boring:

Before i was diagnosed at 18, my nurse at the time from the gp's said i was Depressed !!! how can depression cause ... diahrea,excrusiating pain, no appetite, weight loss, fatigue, vomoting, ect....
My first op was in 1982 resection of snall bowel
Second 1989 adhesions
Third op 2001 Laparotomy, my small bowel was too diseased to take anything away, as it was scatterd. so had to treat it medically.
Now i'm having my 4th op in 3 weeks time... small bowel resection again....

I have 2 teenage boys and a hubby to take care of me when i need it,... they are just my rock.. oh and a border collie who is a great companian when i can't get out, which is often !!...

The only thing i can say is i never let this beat me from doing anything when i am well.... i have just come back from Tenerife on a family holiday... with ALL my Meds. my gp was concerned about me going.. but i needed it, and so did my family....i couldn't do much the first few days, but then just got on with things , as you do
I think its amazing how we with Crohn's Disease and Colitis jsut get on with things the best way we can....:Flower:

Love Massa xx
Oh by the way my name is Marie ( massa is a knick name i got from school !!):biggrin:

Hi there Massa!

Glad you joined us, you seem well versed with this disease and the tricks it pulls! But it's nice to see you so positive after dealing with so much! Welcome to the forum, hope you find what you need here! :hug:

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hi, Marie, and welcome to the forum. :) Nice to hear you say that you simply get on with things -- I think that takes a very deliberate choice some days (hmm, do I run this errand or stay in bed?) and it's something I'm trying to learn to do.

Will be thinking of you as you go in for surgery next month. Hope all goes well!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hi Marie, welcome!! You certainly seem determined to live your life to the fullest:). I hope you find this place as much help and just plain fun sometimes as I have. Good luck and stick around!!

Hi Dexty
i have looked through this site all day :lol2:
I am loving it :grr1d:
When i'm well i do take advantage of that !!!!

Marie
xx ( massa)

Hi everyone and how are you all today ? :sign0144:
I have sufferd with Crohn's for 28 years this month. to be exact...lol..
I am now getting my 4th Surgery on 20th August...for a small bowel resection. and to tell you the truth, i'm scared stiff, and releived at the same time !!:pale:

At the moment i'm taking.. wait for it.... here's the longgggggggggg list...

MST,( morphine tablets) 20mg 2 x daily
Oral Morphine 5mls when necc
Pentaza
Buscapan
Prednisolone ( yukk!!!)
Methorixate
folic acid
co codamol,
imodium ( if i need it)
cyclazine
my gooodness i could go on, but you'll get so :boring:

Before i was diagnosed at 18, my nurse at the time from the gp's said i was Depressed !!! how can depression cause ... diahrea,excrusiating pain, no appetite, weight loss, fatigue, vomoting, ect....
My first op was in 1982 resection of snall bowel
Second 1989 adhesions
Third op 2001 Laparotomy, my small bowel was too diseased to take anything away, as it was scatterd. so had to treat it medically.
Now i'm having my 4th op in 3 weeks time... small bowel resection again....

I have 2 teenage boys and a hubby to take care of me when i need it,... they are just my rock.. oh and a border collie who is a great companian when i can't get out, which is often !!...

The only thing i can say is i never let this beat me from doing anything when i am well.... i have just come back from Tenerife on a family holiday... with ALL my Meds. my gp was concerned about me going.. but i needed it, and so did my family....i couldn't do much the first few days, but then just got on with things , as you do
I think its amazing how we with Crohn's Disease and Colitis jsut get on with things the best way we can....:Flower:

Love Massa xx
Oh by the way my name is Marie ( massa is a knick name i got from school !!):biggrin:
Hi I just joined aswell. I too have had Crohn's for 29 years (long time) had 2 resection last 1 in March then back in to have my galblader out, so had my fair share this year. Hope all goes well for you Chin Up that all you can do. Good Luck From Sue

:goodluck:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi again massa!

I love your outlook on things, Roo is very much like that. Good luck with the op and please keep us up to date with how you're travelling.

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

I'm looking forward to seeing you around. :)

Take care,
Dusty

Astra

Hiya Marie
and welcome fellow Brit

I lurve Edinburgh! especially the Fringe!
You'll fit right in here Marie! Lots of friends here for you, and I love your positivity too!
glad you found us, Enjoy!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx