Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Private Capsule Endoscopy in the Uk

08-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
jim88

Private Capsule Endoscopy in the Uk

Hi guys i'm new to the forum,
basically i think i have had crohns for over a year now, my GI saw crohns in my illeum but the biopsy came back negative.

Therefore i am going to pay for a capsule endoscopy and just wanted to ask if anyone else has been down that road and paid for it themselves? I have had an estimate for around 1900.

Has anyone had one that has been cheaper?

Thanks
08-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
Hi Jim, welcome! If you'll post in Your Story, you'll get more responses. I can't help you myself but many here can. Come in to Your Story and intro yourself to everybody. Good luck!!

EJ dx w/ Crohn's 12/09
PSC 3/10

No more 6mp
Currently in the Humira Club
08-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
jim88

Thanks, I was debating to put it in there in the first place!
08-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
NatalieMT

I'm due for a capsule endoscopy on the NHS, is there no way the GI that you see can send you somewhere that will perform one without you having to pay out?

If I had the money I'd be paying privately to hurry everything along, so I can totally understand why you're considering this, but given due to darn Crohn's I'm in and out of work that's not an option!
08-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Emkat8

Maybe you should try to find a doctor who will treat you like they would a patient who has Crohns, even though yours isn't "diagnosed" yet. I too showed inflammation in my terminal ilieum but biopsies were normal. I went to three different doctors and now the one I'm finally at told me well, we can treat you as if you had Crohns and see if it helps. If it does, we can assume you have Crohns... See if you can go this route to save some money??? Good luck!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Private Capsule Endoscopy in the Uk