• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help Need LDN Rx in Los Angeles area...

OK, so my GI has prxed LDN 4.5 mg for me before, but for some reason, he is unwilling to prx 1.5 mg... I have tried the 4.5, but I think I need to start w/ a lower dose. Can anyone recomend a Dr that will Prx it???
thanks!
k

odd... did he explain why he wouldn't prescribe the smaller dose? and did you ask if you could get it in liquid form?

i don't know much about the gp system over there, but here in the UK, most people who want LDN end up having to see a private gp, as the NHS ones and NHS consultants generally do not want to give prescriptions for it.

i get mine this way - i saw a private gp as a one-off consultancy, paid his fee for that meeting, and he now just sends repeat prescriptions to the pharmacy for me, and i pay the pharmacy for each bottle... is there any such system where you are?

I don't know how it works in the US either, but can you talk to the compounding pharmacy and ask them to fill the prescription with 1.5 mg capsules, and work yourself up to the 4.5 mg? That's what we were able to do here in Canada, as the GI just wrote the prescription for 4.5 mg, and I talked to the pharmacy and let them know that we were still working up to that dose.
I would call Skip's pharmacy and see what they can recommend. They seem to be the experts on LDN.