• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking to get one up on Crohns

Hi everyone, im new to the forum. 25 yrs old, diagnosed at age 10, minor laproscopic resection 5 years ago took out ileocecal valve and 6 inches of ileum. (moderate crohns sometimes severe)

Something that has been on my mind: has anyone ever researched or used squatting toilets? Ive read alot about it on the internet recenetly, and it really has me convinced that it could be a better way to go to the bathroom, especially for ppl like us that have crohns. Apparently it allows the colon to not pinch as much and there is more natural pressure from the squat that forces everything out??

Im really interested in this but I want some advice from some real people not just internet ads. Thanks guys. -harry

**I write this especially because I had a flareup recently, and I had some scarring and narrowing in my sigmoid and transverse especially -- if there could just be some way to empty them more properly I could be fighting back against the disease and lessening the pain on my scarred intestines!

Thanks

Crohns doing overall well at the moment even though im in somewhat of a flareup. I take Remicade every 6 weeks, have taken Remicade for years now it is **usually** a godsend...also currently on Entecort and I will start tapering soon as I have been on for about 5 or 6 weeks. After the scope besides the Entecort my doc also prescribed Apriso...but i stopped taking it recently because it was hardening my bowels to the point of much pain!

I looked online and apriso is an ulcerative colitis medicine! Doesnt say crohns. And apparently it has never been proven to bring the disease into remission, but rather has proven only to maintain remission. Not what i need right now. Im pretty happy im off the Apriso but I also dont want to play it to risky.

This squatting thing really has me excited. i went outside tonight and just squatted outside because I had to try it! It felt really good to be honest. Like i said earlier, my sigmoid has been especially narrowed and anything that relieves the pressure is welcome!

Thanks for showing me the thread!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Harry!! I just wanted to say good luck. I saw Dan's thread and thought it was interesting. I'm assuming you live in a rural setting!! I could get away with that where I live too:). Hope you stick around!! There's a lot of good info on this site and good people too.:).

Astra

Hi bren
and welcome

I couldn't really go out and squat in the middle of our street! not even in the garden, I have a railway track right behind me! Imagine that sight if you dare!
good to have you with us bren, lots of friends here
lotsa luv
Joan xxx