• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Re: DLA!!!!!

Re: DLA!!!!!

Hiya O well I had some good news at last. I have been awarded DLA. My Crohn's nurse helped me do the forms coz I rubbish and 9 months later I got it. So don't give in at the 1st hurdle or 2nd it's hard to get and lots of forms, but I proved it can be done .

PS I thinking of having tv in bathroom so I don't keep missing half me programs LOL

Sue:D

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Woohoo good for you!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it will help ease the burden so you can concentrate on you. :):):)

So happy for you, :)
Dusty

Astra

Hey Sue!

that is good news, well done, and well done to your nurse too, having the balls to do it and winning!
this does give hope to others living in the UK!
xxxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
This is great Sue, maybe other countries will follow suit with this debilitating disease with no cure, and a life time of uncertainty. I too am trying for a disability, been 10 years and hoped I was going to get better,instead I am worse. Canada is slow on everything. So many peope abuse the system and the people who really need it suffer.

Glad you got over a hurdle!

congrats sue, finally they recongnise it..... in your case anyway x

Crohn's symptoms for 16 years
Diagnosed 2001
Prednisolone to start
Mesalazine 500mg 6 x daily.