Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Headaches from prednisone?

08-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
canope

headaches from prednisone?

My other major health problem is migraines. I'm on Prednisone for ulcerative colitis, and I've had a migraine every day for the last 8 days, plus 4 of the 8 days prior to that. Part of that is I had my period this week, but migraines this frequently is unusual even for me. I have to take opiates to control the pain, then Miralax to prevent constipation from the opiates.

I googled headaches and Prednisone and it does seem to be a side effect. With me, all headaches turn into migraines. Has anyone else experienced headaches with Prednisone?
* Mostly in remission, with occasional short flares, for the next 20 years, at which time a spate of severe personal problems all at once tipped my body over the edge. Been flaring almost continually since 2002.
08-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
MapleLeafGirl

I notice I have more headaches when I am on prednisone, but not migraines. The headaches I get while on prednisone are more of a pressure in my temples and a slight ache. It is usually not painful enough for me to take anything, just annoying.

Diagnosed: August 2006
Current Meds: Imuran (125 mg), Budesonide (9 mg)
08-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
canope

As a migraineur, all my headaches turn into migraines, unfortunately.
08-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Entchen
Chief Dandelion Picker

Yes to headaches. This is Day #4 on prednisone for me, and Day #4 with at least a few hours with a headache each day. I do not get migraines, though. That must be just agony for you.
Turned my Crohn's life around: ginger for nausea.
Claim to fame: "loopy and floppy" colon
08-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
Guest555

I did get headaches at first, but then it stopped.
08-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
TheWelshBoyo
Banned

Yeah, I get real bad headaches on some days.
They're only ever in the morning when I wake up though.
Normally, what I do is take some co-codamol and try and go back to sleep for a little bit.
Always seems to work, if I can get to sleep.
08-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
canope

I'm very relieved that it is the Prednisone. For a while, I didn't know what was going on. All of a sudden my migraines had gone from bad to completely out of control. I was getting ready to call my neurologist. At least now I know what's going on. I can't wait to get off this Prednisone.
08-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
afman

My Support Groups:
i was getting mild headaches after a week on predisone and now GI stoped me cold turkey from it today and it triggered a migrane now another dr tellng me to taper off by 10 mg every 2 days

Gastropersis May 2010
Gastritis September 2010
To many meds to list

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Headaches from prednisone?