• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just found some blood in my stool

just found some blood in my stool

and i am scared to death, it was bright red, had alot of cramping to. i just pray its not colon cancer, maybe its just hemmroids, but i know with crohns, you have a high risk of colon cancer. i feel ok, guess i will know next monday. i really did not need this on such a beautifull saturday:

Astra

Aw Maxibear

don't worry about this, rule of thumb, bright red blood = hemmie, fissure
dark browny red blood = old blood inside further up
if you're very worried, ring doc on Monday
xxxx

ty so astra, i just googled bright red blood and now i feel a bit better, ty for your kind words and good health to you and yours, sincerly steve

aww I know how scary this is so firstly hugs

this is what I'm having now, toilet full of blood dark red/browny blood

mines just a sign that the crohns is making sure I know its there :)

ty so debs, i hope you feel better. i guess it the crohns to. i feel less worried now, that i have gotten some good feedback..have a nice weekend

Dallies

Dragonfly
Hiya Maxibear, try not to worry too much and if you do, see or phone a doctor ASAP to put your mind at rest. I'm sorry i can't help you but I would like to tell you I'm thinking of you and sending you a hug xx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey maxibear,

I know it's easy to say don't worry but, like Joan said, it's most likely a haemorrhoid that's causing the problem. Remember also, you have a recent diagnosis so the chances of anything sinister happening in that time frame would be very slim indeed.

Dusty. :)

thanx alot guys, appreciate your warmth and good wishes. its probobly nothing, because it seems to come and go. i remember when i never looked at the bowel. lol, but i guess i have to be more aware now. ty so again for your warmth and support. this is all new to me, and i feel so alone, but i feel so much better since i found this forum, sincerly- steve

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI Steve, Welcome :bigwave: I know how you feel about any kind of blood, scary to say the least. But as Joan says the light coloured blood is not as serious but I will still have it checked out. My theory, any blood or pain is a sign of something. Glad you feel comfortable here, we are in the same boat as you (most of us) and we here to help! Any questions we can answer, one of us is there for you!

ty so much jettalady. the people here are so nice and very warm. i am so happy i found this place, you guys have really helped me out. i dont feel so alone anymore. ty so and good health to you and yours

I agree! You're in touch with a doc, these boards and newly diagnosed? Yeah, you're in good hands! I remember when my toilet was nothing but blood when I first saw any sign of blood! I couldn't tell if it was dark, light, black, or red, there was too much! Eeee! Lol

You'll be fine!! (and I mean that regarding the diagnosis) I would guess a fissure as well... but if anything changes, jump on here and someone will be more than willing to help.

Welcome aboard